Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2002 2:13:01 PM EDT
bought 3 of them today. no other marking other than a sticker that says "england" they have a gray finish seems rugged except

the bag catch slot is slightly too narrow i widedned it up with a file on one and now it locks up into the hickerbilly ar just fine. anyone else seen these mags? i got em for $17 each.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i have bought a few recently, and they do work perfectly, and i have never had to file the mag catch hole, i have put one of them through a tough torture test, it has become a range mag, yup 5000rds so far, and not a hiccup, one word of caution..., the mags will rust, i thought that they were coated with a rust preventative, but in a lengthy stroll about the countryside(days in rain) it began to rust on the outside only, looks like poopoo, but it still functions fine, i will hit the rest with something to prevent the rust in the future
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was to venture a guess I would say it was a company called "Royal Ordinance".  Anyone out there please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1720_39142307[/img]  
[br]
Did it look like that?
If so it could be Imperial Defense magazine from England.  CDNN [url]http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar30steeleni.html[/url] sells it and so does DSA [url]www.dsarms.com[/url].
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently, you got a good buy.  These are widely viewed as the only good steel aftermarket mags about.  They often sell for $25 new.  They aren't aftermarket so much as designed for a slightly different rifle.  They are as "aftermarket" as orlites or thermolds are, but made for the Brits' Enfields.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I wondered if these were made before 1994.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
yes, royal ordinance, and they have a grey color, along with the england sticker, the above pic looks like the wrong color, and the sticker looks different, mine all work perfectly, and the steel may be found to be a bit more durable than the usgi aluminum units
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, there are two types currently running around.  The gray ones that you mentioned and the black teflon coated ones as pictured above.  Both seem to be as reliable as USGI mags from all the early reports.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Completely off message, a poem:

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England. There shall be
In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
A body of England's, breathing English air,
Washed by the rivers, blest by suns of home.

And think, this heart, all evil shed away,
A pulse in the eternal mind, no less
Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
In hearts at peace, under an English heaven.

By:  Rupert Brooke

Good mags, indifferent poetry.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased 3 of these magazines from a local dealer here. All 3 locked up tight in the magazine well of my AR's. Each magazine was  loaded and tested at the range with no problems.
Each of the magazines I bought had the gray finish on them and so far I am impressed with them. So far I have about 500 rounds through each one.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top