Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2002 11:29:45 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a few new in wrap DPMS teflon-coated preban 30 round AR15 mags.  They look like USGI bodies.  What are they worth?

TIA
Colt933
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You will see them selling from time to time as high as $45 and $50. Because the mags are not as common, they look very cool, and the finish is superior to the standard finish, they often sell for that. I'd say a fair price for real, NIW, LaBelle teflon mags is about $35. A little less of they are not NIW. I buy them whenever I see them going for around that price. If you know where I can get some more, let me know!
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Be careful.  There are some black teflon DPMS mags being sold that may not be the originals, which have the "DPMS" company name spelled out on the base plate.  Check the mag FAQ here for more details.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 4:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that may be the same product seen at www.rguns.net

The source of these mag bodies seems to be in question, but they don't have a date and they don't have LEO on the side.  Hence they are quite legal to own and use.  

You can buy new DPMS floor plates and stick them on anything.  I have a stack of Coopers that could be faked as DPMS with 30 seconds of work, if you kow what I mean.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top