Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 12:42:47 PM EDT
Are these mags serious 45 rounders or are they not up to par with the Thermold 30 rounders?  I heard their release tabs break and you're stuck (!) with 45 round only.

Edited to fix oops  
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you this AntiCrime.  Way back when I used to test my equipment often.  I used to break the locking tabs off the 45 rounds quite often.  I used to call Jim at Thermold and he got to know me pretty well.  I was told that the next time I broke one, Thermold would send me 2 30 rounders and no longer service any 45 rounders to me.  The front locking tab used to extend and hold the bottom on would break.  When this happens, the ammo left in the mag would be on the floor.  I never trusted those mags for more than range work.  I would actually rather use a Ram-line mag (which suck)over a 45 round Thermold.  I guess it was just a novelty.  

Regards,
Mortis...
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top