Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2002 1:56:53 PM EDT
Anyone here used these?  Good enough for range mags, or  should I stick with all USGI?  A local shop has some for $19, thought I might go pick a couple up if they're ok.  The only others I can get locally are orlites, and based on what I've read here, I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for some Sterling 30s for quite some time. What condition are they in?

How many do they have? If you're interested, I would be willing to trade you 2 USGI 30s in 85%+ condition for every 1 Sterling mag.

What do the floor plates say?

Drop me an email at [email protected]

Thanks,

Cody
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Lab Rat those 30rd Sterling mags are for AR180 rifle.  If you have an AR15 I would recommend going with USGI 30rd alloy mags also.  Pending your description of the mag floorplate I am wondering if the mags are actually some of the recently imported 30rd steel mags (Imperial Defence etc)from the UK that are sometimes mistakenly refered to as Sterling mags.  If they are actually Sterling mags I would also like to offer mags in trade.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind - it was just another wild goose chase.  The guy told me they were sterlings on the phone, but when I got there (about 1 hour's drive) they appear to be just some plain steel mags.  Nothing on the floorplate, one little sticker on the side that says ENGLAND.  What are they?  I bought a couple just for range mags, they fit the bushy's mag wells good and they drop free, so maybe they're ok for beaters?

I guess I won't be going there anymore.  The last time I wasted a drive over there was for an AK.  "Do you have any AK 47's in?" I ask on the phone.  "Yeah, I've got a bunch left - at least 6 or 8 of them".  "SAR-1's?"  "Yeah, come on down".  "Price?".  "$309 + tax".  2 days later I go after work, cash in my hot little hand.  "Sorry, I guess I sold 'em all".  WTF???  Today he had one WASR-10 that he wanted $350 for.  

I envy some of you guys - where I live there's damn few dealers and even fewer shows.  I guess it helps control my spending at least.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You gave ComputerGuy a boner for a while there...
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You gave ComputerGuy a boner for a while there...

I love mags so much it's sad. It really is.

Do you know I don't even have an AR??? (I do have 3 receives in the mail though..) :-(
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Am i not alone....

When sombody mentions "sterling mags" i tend to  think of the 9mm english subgun.
 NOT AR-180
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
At the one gunshop i go to, they sell those NIW ar180 mags for $45 a piece. They also have a selection of used (thrashed) orlites for $16.99 a piece, some even have broken feed lips and followers. They also have some NIW colt 30's for $50 a piece. I dont buy much from this gunshop...
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Heck, I saw "Sterling" and I thought of the 9mm Sub gun!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top