Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2002 9:15:38 AM EDT
Back in the days before I new better, I purchased ten 30 round steel mags.  The mags don't have the raised block under the mag release cut out and they a hole above the cut out.  There are no markings on the mags.  Are these AR 180 mags?  Is there any value or just junk?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
APBullet you will have to provide a more detailed description of the mags. Are they blued or parkerized and if parkerized what color.  Also you made no mention of the slot on the opposite side for the narrow AR180 mag catch.  You mentioned one round hole at the top side of the mag, are there any more round holes near the bottom on the side? With a little bit more info I should be able to ID the mags.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
APBullet you will have to provide a more detailed description of the mags. Are they blued or parkerized and if parkerized what color.  Also you made no mention of the slot on the opposite side for the narrow AR180 mag catch.  You mentioned one round hole at the top side of the mag, are there any more round holes near the bottom on the side? With a little bit more info I should be able to ID the mags.

they are blued and does have a hole on both sides just above the slot for the ar15 mag catch, also are blued with no other holes expect one on the floor plate(which btw have no markings).

I purchased them from JG sales about 3-4 years ago.  They were bagged with no markings.  I wanted ar 15 mags.  Maybe some one was making magazines to fit both applications?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
APBullet I read your update re blued steel 30rd mag with AR15 mag catch on left side and round holes above on both sides.  Since you made no mention of a very narrow slot on the right side these mags will only fit the AR15.  From your description the mags may possibly be PMI which was one of the better aftermarket mag mfgs.  If the mags fit/function ok they will be fine for the range and you could of done a lot worse if you had purchased USA mags instead.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top