Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:04:49 AM EDT
Howdy,

Last week on Ebay, I bid on some nice lots of 30rd USGI mags.  The following day, I received an email saying that these items are not allowed for sale on Ebay and my bid was cancelled.  Anyone else had this experience, or is this just a recent thing (since the sniper incidents)?  Thanks,

Ben
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Ebay doesn't allow "high capacity" magazines to be sold on their site.  They are sold all the time though, I'm sure.  The seller simply doesn't put any words or phrases referring to the capacity in their ad.  They let pictures speak for themselves or list the approximate date of manufacture, etc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep! 10rnd mags are the max allowed on Ebay.
Just call the preban or "model 30's", but "only 10 rounds".

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I too have noticed the AR15 mags at E-bay.  They  list them as 10 rounders but obviously they are 20's and 30's.  I refuse to buy from someone that is purposely lieing in print about their wares.  The prices when I was bidding were too high anyway.  E-bay prices often get out of hand, so watch out!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It's been like this for years,I quit using ebay after their non-gun,anti everything dealing with mags,Guns,even parts..I last sold a USGI M1 Carbine on EBAY about 1 week before their self imposed ban..  PISS ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!YEAH,AND THEIR PRICES ARE BULL,I'D RATHER GO INTO A GUNSHOP,OR BEST BUY FOR WHATEVER I NEED THAN TO DEAL W/THEM..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If possible I would rather get what I need for my AR right on Good Ole AR15.com....your working with guys that know what prices should be,and what the quality should be..If someone takes advantage of people on this SITE,they are usually banged around abit...These guys don't cut shiesters much slack,I love it!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...I refuse to buy from someone that is purposely lying in print about their wares.  The prices when I was bidding were too high anyway.  E-bay prices often get out of hand, so watch out!

I just got three for about 15 a piece.  I don't see the problem.  The seller I bought from said that his mags held 10 rounds.  Sounds right to me.  You ever seen a 30 round mag that would NOT hold 10 rounds.  You can't tell me it was just the three years of law school making me see it that way.  It IS a true statement after all!

Its not the sellers its ebay.  lighten up.  I told the guy he'd do better on this site anyway.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The politically correct pinheads at eBay are definitely NOT firearms enthusiasts, so this is what everybody does:  in the text of your auction, say that "according to eBay policy these magazines will hold 10 rounds".  You can post a picture of a freakin 100 round drum magazine and these idiots probably will let it go, and technically speaking you have NOT lied because it WILL hold 10 rounds.  Or 20, or 30, or 40, just don't post that in the text of the auction.  Go there right now and take a look at some of the auctions and you'll see what I mean.  Best wishes.....Paul
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hehehe, thanks for the comic relief, y'all!!

Ben
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sell them on the EE board.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the way I understand it.  Ebay is a California company.  Therefore, they must abide by California law.  But, they obviously don't really care if you sell hi-cap mags. (Lots of people selling them!)  They just care about their own liability.  The world is a very political place.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top