Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 1:48:58 PM EDT
I READ WHERE SOMEONE SAID THE TAPCO MAG SPRINGS WERE TOO LONG,...WELL,I HAD A 30RND MAG,THAT JUST DIDN'T WANT TO FEED THE LAST 1 TO 4 RNDS CORRECTLY,OR AT ALL..I HAD BOUGHT 1 OF TAPCO'S 10 GREEN FOLLOWERS(NAP SACK)W/SPRINGS,AND RUBBER DUST COVERS..(THE GREEN FOLLOWERS NEED SOME TOUCH UP WITH A DREMEL TOOL,AND A SANDING DISK.. BUT,WHEN IT CAME TO THE SPRING,IT WAS INDEED LONGER,AND A BIT MORE STIFF..IF YOU TAKE YOUR (OLD MAG SPRING),AND PUT THE TAPCO MAG SPRING RIGHT NEXT TO IT,THEN JUST PUSH UP ON THE TAPCO SPRING,MAKING SURE THAT EACH RUNG,WAS LEVEL WITH THE OLD SPRING,(THEY TURN OUT TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE)IN LENGTH.(RUNG F/RUNG).THE TAPCO IS LIKE A WOLFF SPRING WITH 10% OR SLIGHTLY MORE POWER TO IT..MY MAG W/THE FEEDING PROBLEM,IS NOW 1 OF MY FAVORITES,NO MALI'S,OR FTF...GLAD THAT THREAD WAS BROUGHT UP,AS I ALMOST TOOK MY WIRE CUTTERS TO THE MAG SPRING.. J/M.02
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
THANKS FOR THE INFO.

NOW STOP SHOUTING AT ME
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
JUST SEND BEER!!!!!!!!!!! P.S.MY PLEASURE,SINCE I WENT THRU THE SAME THING..I CAN SEE HOW SOMEONE WOULD THINK THE SPRINGS ARE GARBAGE,YEA OF LITTLE FAITH,TRY THEM SPRINGS..
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I like to rebuild most of my old mags with those Wolff extra power +10% mag springs. Those springs have solved my feeding and FTF problems. I just wish they weren't so damned expensive. If it was just a few mags no big deal, but I have , well lets say, slightly more than a "few."
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Me Too woodswalker,but I tell you,these Tapco springs are Great,anybody that wants to dump them,jump,they are alot like the Wolff springs,even come stuck together in the same way???? If you have a Buddy with their C/R FFL,you will get a nice break $$$,I have mine,got it after I turned in my 01FFL, the C/R FFL is not a hassel at all,no call in's,no 4473's to keep up with,just alot of breaks from Brownells,widners,Wolff,tapco,etc,etc,the key is after you get your FFL,you just ask if they  give you a break on the prices,Most of the time they will let you Fax it in,but FAC made me hard copy it in to them,just for some supplies..Get that 03FFL,you can't miss. Of course you can buy some nice c/r pistols,and rifles... tom
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top