Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2002 7:52:07 PM EDT
Ok, from what I've read USGI mags are the way to go.

Where is best place to get them. Easy place, Im not going to a gun show and getting ripped off because I dont know what im looking at. Can someone tell me where to go that I will know what Im getting.

Also are there unused ones out there?
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Equipment Exchange, look under AR-15 Magazines. Yes, you can get NIW (New In Wrap) preban mags.

EE:
www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The best place is the,

Magazines for sale section in the Equipment Exchange.

you will probably find that buying mags can become an addiction
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Super Sport,

You are correct, USGI magazines are the way to go. Unfortunately, due to the ban on High Capacity magazines, there are no more available to the general public than what was made before 1994.

On occasion you will find NIW (New in Wrapper) USGI's that have been stored for years and discovered. Many times however, the exterior Moly finish is rubbed off pretty bad.

One thing to look for are 30 round USGI mags that have the "Green Follower" installed. This is an upgrade that helps to insure the last 2-3 rounds don't "Nose Dive" into the feed ramp because the original "Black Follower" design "Tilts" forward.

There has been a lot of activity regarding "Refurbished" USGI Mags this past year with the discovery of "Perma-Slik G" which is the Mil. Spec Moly Coating used on USGI Mags.

2 coats of Perma-Slik G, baked on in the oven, a new spring and a "Green Follower" on the 30 round GI mags. (the original alloy follower on the 20 round mags needs no alteration or replacement)and you're as good as new. Maybe better. These sell for $20 to $25.00 on the "Equipment Exchange Forum" on this web site.

Some of the the contractors for USGI's were Parsons, Sanchez, Adventureline, OKAY, and Colt. They are all of the same quality because they all had to conform to the military spec.

Email me for reliable and reputable sources of USGI mags at reasonable prices.

Good luck,

ACK
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The Armory/Scottsdale Gun Club (www.scottsdalegunclub.com) sold me some NIW 30rd USGI mags recently. Their prices are a tad high (mags were $40 each) but they are a great bunch of people to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
the cutoff date is Sept 13, 1994
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top