Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2002 1:17:40 PM EDT
This mag has a Colt baseplate with markings:
(Pony) COLT AR-15
CAL. .223
COLT'S PT.F.A.MFG. CO.INC.
HARTFORD, CONN. U.S.A.
The baseplate is not blue/black, it is dull silver.

all the anodizing is off the mag,but it is not the goldish brown that is on all my other colt and UI Simmonds mags.  The anodizing is a dark greenish brown with a very smooth finish - almost looks like a teflon finish.  There is still some of the grey finish on the inside walls of the mag.

The side of the mag with the mag release hole has , on the bottom of the side in the middle, a 1/4 inch incribed (factory looks like) circle with a number "1" inscribed in it.   The follower is s dull silver.
There is not a UI/CH marking on the spine and no markings inside the mag walls.

Ever seen this dark greenish anodizing under the grey moly?

Ever seen a dull silver Colt baseplate?

What's the 1 with a circle around it?

Any ideas?  Thanks a lot.  Alan
P.S.  I don't have a digital camera
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
So if it is new in pristine condition, is it worth anything as far as a collector's magazine?By the way, you ID'd the same mag for me in another post. Thanks Troy!--Thomas
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top