Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 12:46:24 PM EDT
Going to order about 2500 rounds from SG Ammo.  Will be either the IMI M193 or the Geco they have. I know the IMI is great ammo, have used it for many years. Was thinking I might order the Geco instead this time. Most reviews place accuracy and velocity at least as good as the IMI and as good or better than Wolf Gold.....

Thoughts on one over the other?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You're overthinking this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're overthinking this.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote imi. It's regarded as one of the best available m193 loads.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I will point out that while most of my AR's like the GECO accuracy wise... 3 HATE it... so much so that it is a waste of it to shoot it from those rifles.

The other rifles love it, surprisingly my inexpensive PSA SS and Kreiger SS barreled AR's love it ... the BCM SS 410's hate it.

If possible , before jumping head first into the order.. I would "Fast Ship" some of both and test them for accuracy... ( If you do this order some Wolf Gold as well )

Also... if this ammo is to do double duty as a "SHTF" ammo... I have NEVER seen a single ballistic test on the GECO... and my "experience" makes me believe it will perform similar to other Swiss made .223 / 5.56... in other words while accurate, the Swiss ammo did not perform at all like M193.

As in no fragmenting.

In that case the IMI would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, the IMI has been shooting great in your AR's for years right?  Why change...stick with what you already know works good in your rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless your primary concern is accuracy, I would stick with the IMI, which is a known quantity. And maybe throw in a couple of boxes of the Geco with your IMI order and test it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Geco is so much more accurate the the IMI.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top