Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 5:16:32 AM EDT
I picked up a 1,000 rounds of WOLF Gold recently as a pretty decent price, cheaper than any other commercial brass I could find. I finally had a chance to put it through its paces at various distances. It performed flawlessly, not a single issue/problem (wish I could say the same about some really crap reload 9mm I bought, but that's another story).

I went through around 400 rounds at a pretty extensive training session with it.

Just wanted to report on one man's first time out with it.

WOLF GOLD is GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
How is the accuracy?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ill be picking some up soon.

Such price
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the accuracy?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How is the accuracy?
View Quote

Just fine and dandy, as long as the guy behind the trigger does his job. Consistent center mass hits on a steel torso target, off hand, from 75 yards, rapid double taps, no issues, etc.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Its PPU correct?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its PPU correct?
View Quote

I thought it was Taiwanese?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It is Taiwanese, marked as such on the box.

Clean, nice looking ammo.

Shot about 350 rounds today, 250 last week, and 320 on Christmas.  No issues, cycled fine on my 6920HB with H2 buffer and 6920 with H buffer.

I'd say it is about 2.5 MOA ammo.  No problems out to 300
grouping on Army Reflex style target.  

Noticeably softer than X-tac and IMI 193.  There was some speculation that the Wolf is M193.  Comparing it to the X-tac and ImI, I don't think it is, but someone would need to chrono and examine the bullet.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top