Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2013 10:20:21 AM EDT
Last night at the range one of the shooters picked up what he thought was a .30 cal. Carbine casing on the floor.
He showed it to me because he knows I shoot .30 Carbine and thought I might want it but it looked a little different. So I pulled out one of my .30 Carbine cartridges and held it up next to the one he found, and sure enough the case on the one he found was about 1/4" to 5/16" longer and the fired case would not quite slide over the .30 cal bullet so maybe it was 7mm -.284 or maybe even 6.5mm- .263 but I doubt it.
The case head was slightly different also in the shape of the extractor grove, kind of like a semi-rimmed case I would guess. The head stamp didn't give me any clues either.
I looked in all of my books but was unable to identify it.
Anyone care to guess what cartridge it could be?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Pic?  Even from a potato.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
300 blk?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I've been researching all afternoon and so far the 7.62X38mm Nagant is the only thing that comes close.
But why wouldn't a fired case go over a 30 cal. (.308 ) bullet?
I wish I had kept the case and brought it home with me, now I just have to guess.
The case head stamping did look like some kind of old military type letters and numbers.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top