Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:19:49 PM EDT
There is a local gun show tomorrow.  Is it worth it going early, getting in line and looking for ammo deals?  Will there be any, and will the prices be worth it?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go. You never know what you might find. If you can't, you'd prolly find someone that would take you to the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun show and "deals" ? I wouldn't count on it. I told a friend of mine he was wasting his time going to a gun show here locally a couple weeks ago. 900rnds of .223 for sale at $1100 or so.

Your best bet is a LGS that isn't screwing their customers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say its probably a waste of time. Went to the gun show in Raleigh, NC about a month ago and there was a 4hr wait to get in. I heard some 10k people showed up, I believe it...

Everyone in FL is planning on going to that show tomorrow and trying to find a deal... Every dealer is going to find a sucker... If its free I'd check it out, if its $1 it's a waste IMHO!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
There's one tomorrow around me as well. Expect $1.00 per round, and that's that. Local is ALWAYS more expensive than online, and look at some of these prices...
If you go, go to enjoy the show. Not for good deals or you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, even before the panic, there is rarely a deal at a gun show
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If the parking is Free the Answer is Always YES: You never know what you might find.  Also: If you know Exactly what you want and it's a small little goodie; tool, cleaning patches you've never tried before, targets, movie or book you've been looking for, etc., if your expectations aren't that high you might find something useful.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hell, even before the panic, there is rarely a deal at a gun show

I agree with this; the last 2-3 years the opportunities have become fewer and farther between. I haven't bothered to go since the most recent panic started since I there was nothing really needed (stocked up pre-panic) and I figured there would only be shy high deals that were available.

If you really need something this will be a good opportunity if you don't mind high prices..

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]
If your looking for ammo, dont go.  Anything else, go!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Waste of time unless you have something you want to sell.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a tech topic
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top