Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:50:18 AM EDT
Simple enough. Have you used them? How was your experience? How recent?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Some people like ammoman, some people don't. I just placed an order through them 3 days ago and I've been buying ammo from them for years.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Fair enough. People have similar opinions about broccoli. What are folks complaints about the site? They seem to have good prices.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Questionable business tactics aside, the truth is that his prices are usually higher than places like Aim and Wideners, even with his "free" shipping. I've never seen a deal from him that was so good that it made me want to order from him instead of other reputable dealers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Questionable business tactics aside, the truth is that his prices are usually higher than places like Aim and Wideners, even with his "free" shipping. I've never seen a deal from him that was so good that it made me want to order from him instead of other reputable dealers.

Great info, and thank you.

Are you aware of a deal on Wolf WPA 55gr JHPs that beats this?

Ammoman.com Wolf Ammo Deal

I have no interest in supporting somebody who uses questionable business practices.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The questionable practices had to do with someone getting butt hurt over what they were shipped and they had to pay to return it with a restocking fee.  This is why ammo man has photos and a clear return policy.  He used to make you read the policy as soon as you clicked on the site.  

I have ordered several things from him with no problems at all. I also use Aim, Wideners, Ammo to Go, etc.  Gotta spread the wealth.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no interest in supporting somebody who uses questionable business practices.

If you have ever had Wolf stick in your chamber like I have, then I would say that any deal on brass cased ammo would beat that deal.

I had to hammer the crap out of my Colt with a cleaning rod and my staple gun.  After the 4th or 5th time it happened, my cleaning rod broke and my staple gun is forever fucked.  That sure makes Wolf a crappy deal at any price.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have ever had Wolf stick in your chamber like I have, then I would say that any deal on brass cased ammo would beat that deal.

I had to hammer the crap out of my Colt with a cleaning rod and my staple gun.  After the 4th or 5th time it happened, my cleaning rod broke and my staple gun is forever fucked.  That sure makes Wolf a crappy deal at any price.

I would file this under "your mileage may vary" because I have read countless stories of people's guns running 100% on Wolf. I read elsewhere that the key is not mixing wolf with brass in a single outing and also that there are a few different kids of wolf.

Who knows. I'll buy some and try it. Might as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The questionable practices had to do with someone getting butt hurt over what they were shipped and they had to pay to return it with a restocking fee.  This is why ammo man has photos and a clear return policy.  He used to make you read the policy as soon as you clicked on the site.  

I have ordered several things from him with no problems at all. I also use Aim, Wideners, Ammo to Go, etc.  Gotta spread the wealth.

It was a lot bigger deal than that.  There is a very good reason thy aren't a set sponsor anymore.

KingOfTheBumps
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#9]
It is more expensive, but since most of my go to guys are out, it might be the best game in town.

Actually last time I looked, even ammoman was out of a lot of the more popular rounds.

I haven't had any issue with them personally.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because everybody who had WPA at the market price of ~$220/1k is sold out of it.  His price of $289/1k is 20% more than what Aim had it for (after shipping), which is probably why Aim is sold out and Ammoman still has it in stock.  If you have to have the ammo, then you're going to have to do what you have to do, but Academy has Tula (same stuff, different box) for $4.99/box in store, which works out to $250/1k.

One other thing about Ammoman is that his "customer service" is notoriously bad (you can google it).
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Buyer beware. No links to Ammoman here, please.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top