Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:46:30 PM EDT
Just curious to see what the 6.8 spc shooters are running out their rifles/SBR's?

Good, bad, ugly experiences?

I just put together a Bison Armory upper with an ER Shaw 1-11 twist 16" barrel. Looking for some insight as to what you're all putting downrange with your 6.8's. This is my 3rd AR build since i've gotten out of the military and first outside the 5.56 platform. Extremeley excited as i've got a very nice setup going and look forward to another year of 3 gun competition, but with a larger caliber.

Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The best place to ask this question, is the 68forum.com.  

I have a 68, for deer 110 pro hunters, hogs 95 ttsx,or 120sst hornady's. the 110gr and 95ttsx are silver state armory.

RJ
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I run the SSA 110PH and have been happy with the performance.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a case of SAA 6.8 "seconds" and so far its been running great for me.

I've been saving all my brass like its gold plated so I can reload it when I run out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been useing Silver State 110 Sierra Pros, which are very accurate in my LWRC.

SS is now selling a OTM round that looks quite promising as well.

You'll really like the 6.8.  You know that twang sound when you fire a 556?  Instead with the 6.8 mm you get a nice boom.  It's a great round.  I doubt if I'll ever buy another 556 AR. Why bother?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't shoot mine as much as I would like, but for plinking I mostly shoot the 90 gr TNT's, and then the Hornady 110 gr BTHP... all are my reloads...

I also have shot the 110 VMAX, and it shoots well in my barrel, others have reported mixed results...
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I only plink and I use Remington 115gr FMJ but also have Silverstate 115gr OTM.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top