Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2010 2:13:44 PM EDT
I have some 308 NATO ammo (I assume it is NATO since it has the cross in a circle) with 68 (obviously 1968) and WRA stamped on the head.  My questions are:

Is this boxer or berdan primed (easy enough to figure out)

and more importantly, Is this corrosive or non corrosive ammo?

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
WRA is Western or Winchester Repeating Arms, same mfg.  Boxer primed, reloadable, non corrosive....very good, top of the line ammo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WRA is Western or Winchester Repeating Arms, same mfg.  Boxer primed, reloadable, non corrosive....very good, top of the line ammo.

Great!  Thanks!  I got 450 rounds of this for $75.  That's a good deal right?
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great!  Thanks!  I got 450 rounds of this for $75.  That's a good deal right?

the seller should call the cops because  you stole that ammo

just joking , nice score !  

Link Posted: 10/4/2010 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no such think as ".308 NATO". You have 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. It is M-80 ball, boxer primed, non-corrosive and was made by Winchester Repeating Arms in 1968. Winchester and Western were two different companies at this time. Winchester used the "WRA" code and Western used the "WCC" code. The two did not merge until 1979...

1DD
Link Posted: 10/4/2010 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Save the brass, I reloaded about 3K of the 67-69 WRA brass, very nice stuff, very uniform and thicker than the current win brass. Its nearly the same as the current LC brass, wish i had more

you stole that ammo!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2010 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
cool, I walked past it at the gun show and thought that is awful cheap what is wrong with it?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top