User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2010 5:28:54 PM EDT
anyone use this? comments?
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
cracked open one box (25 rounds I think) - clean looking, everyone went bang - did not do much of an evaluation ( no chrono ) - just wanted to make sure everything worked - this was a few months ago and my recollection was accuracy was good (for mil quality ammo) and shot pretty clean to me.
not much of an evaluation i know - I was asking about it as well some months ago with no real responses.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems to be too expensive and too pretty for anyone to do a comprehensive evaluation.

Personally, I would like to see a Molon-syle range report on this ammo.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Comes in 50rd boxes packed in nice, new 50cal ammo cans w/wire seals. I think the ammo can is your price difference. I shot one box, my mission that day was to see how I liked the new (to me at that time) IMI M855. I found the GGG to be
very close to the M855 Israeli. I don't have a chrono, we were shooting at the swinging steel targets Wideners is selling. POI of IMI vs GGG was close enough to ring the bell consistantly at 110yds.
It was consistant, clean and on par with the IMI. Off topic but Wideners has the M855 IMI on sale $390 for 1200rd case.
Molon: I second the motion for your review of the GGG. If you're game, IM me, I'll donate a box.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
GGG 62 gr groups better that the IMI.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

GGG 62 gr groups better that the IMI.

pics?

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
No pictures but it grouped better than the IMI for me.  Rifle used was a 13.7", 1:7 twist, Noveske Infidel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I found it to shoot clean and accuracy was on par with some old Spanish SS109 I've had on hand for a long time.  For the price, however, the accuracy really wasn't all that great.

I've still got about 150rds of it, and I intend to do some chrony work to get some comparative data.  I have some IMI M855 to compare it to as well but I'm not sure when I'll get around to that though.  The rifle I was shooting is a new M16A4 clone I put together so it's strictly a service type rifle.  I need to get it shot in some I think because 2-3 MOA performance is not at all what I was expecting.  Maybe it was the ammo, but I'm betting it was a little of both.

Expensive stuff for sure, but it definately has a bit of bark behind it.  Definately not a commercial muzzle report.

Saleen
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to get some in the ammo can. But its just too expensive just to put holes in paper.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top