Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 11:41:36 AM EDT
I found some ammo at a local gun shop.  They said it was made in Spain, and it was in 400rd battle packs.  The headstamp was SB or something like that and had a Nato stamp.  The primer wasnt crimped normaly, but it had like 3 tabs crimped onto the primer.  Anyway it was priced pretty good at $135 for a battle pack, but I wanted to find out what type of primer it had first (they didnt know).  Anyone know anything about what this stuff? or know how it shoots?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Santa Barbara (Spain) NATO ammo - Berdan primed from what I've seen - descent stuff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  I had a couple battlepacks of the 9mm from Santa Barbara, and it's good stuff.  Plenty hot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a few hundred rounds of the Santa Barbara 5.56mm that I bought for cheap way back when, but I have only shot a few boxes worth. Seems to be very good ammo. I have heard stories of how accurate it can be, seems to be the case from my experience as well. I have also heard some say that the brass is soft and that they have had caseheads tear off, or extractors rip through the rim. I did not experience any such problems in the ones I have shot.
Oh yeah, they are berdan primed. Makes for an annoying day when you go to sort your brass.

-Allen
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have probably 3K rounds (if not more) left from when it was available in large quantities several years ago. It's SS109 and shot great out of all my ARs. There were issues with soft brass, as mentioned above, but I never had problems. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought several thousand years ago and have shot alot of it. I find it to be some of the most accurate factory 5.56 I've shot.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top