Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:48:58 AM EDT
I just came across this on CTD and couldn't help but laugh at the description.
DRT - Dead Right There
DRT "Dead Right There!" This ammo has been hush, hush for over four years, during the testing phases, the elite military and law enforcement agencies couldn't believe what they were seeing as they shot the DRT ammunition. Now it is the only ammunition used to protect high profile individuals. The most amazing part of this ammunition is the compressed powder core, as it passes into the body it dissipates causing instant death. The core powder is as fine as talcum powder. When it contacts the organic target, the powder is spinning at such a high rate it instantly disperses, resulting in Instant Death. A full 100% energy dissipation as the bullet totally disappears into invisible dust. This is the most accurate and deadly ammo we have ever shot. This ammunition is used world wide to protect citizens and eliminate terrorists. DRT, Dead Right There!

This is a joke right, guys? I like how they changed the DRT acronym from "Dynamic Research Technologies" as it says on the box to "Dead Right There!"

Is there really any ballistic or tactical advantage to have a powder-core bullet? To get up to weight and not be over max OAL it'd have to be pretty damn dense powder, no?

Blue: A disappearing bullet?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Snakeoil
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i can't afford instant death.

do they make something more in a slow lingering death a bit cheaper?

I saw some "Creeping Death" ammo for half that at a local store.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How about something that shatters just before it hits the target, peppering them with millions of little lead needles over a wide surface.  That way the bullet isn't instantly lethal, but instead cause a long, drawn out death from lead poisoning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
This is just the top of the line Ammo.  They also offer some other loadings:

"Pretty Dang Quick Death" - $20
"You're Not Going Anywhere" - $15
"Mostly Dead" - $10
"Got A Bad Feeling About This" - $7
"Malingering Cough (.25 and 22 short ONLY) - $5

I'm saving up for a case of "Got A Bad Feeling About This", and I just can't get over "Malingering Cough"
My buddy shot a deer with "Mostly Dead" and had to finish it off with "You're Not Going Anywhere"
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about something that shatters just before it hits the target, peppering them with millions of little lead needles over a wide surface.  That way the bullet isn't instantly lethal, but instead cause a long, drawn out death from lead poisoning.

I don't think they make bird shot rounds but hey, maybe after they see this they they will!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
It's just compacted Bismuth powder most likely. Dense but just a way to sell a hokey design for a bunch of money that doesn't work any better and maybe worse then the normal stuff we already field.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Barnes uses compressed/powdered core bullets in their varmint line. Nothing wrong with the technology, just the marketing, intended use, and general ethics of the company peddling it in this case, lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

I'm saving up for a case of "Got A Bad Feeling About This", and I just can't get over "Malingering Cough"
My buddy shot a deer with "Mostly Dead" and had to finish it off with "You're Not Going Anywhere"

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]
ok where's the CTD edits? They have not seen this thread yet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Same stuff as the Varmint Grenade.

Penetration will be an issue but you are putting ALL the energy into the target.

However powdered core bullets are EASIER to manufacture than FMJ.  No reason for the expense.

Need to see what it does on jell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been waiting on the thread about these since I saw them in CTD.

GM
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
We sell it cheaper , $23.99 Here ~ CTD
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]
After paying my bills this week, all I can afford is some "Mildly Irritating" rounds.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

How about a "it's only gonna piss 'em off" in 9mm?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#17]

I needed that this morning!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to use this ammo when I was an assasin for a highly secret branch of the U.S. gov't.  They issued us this ammo because there was nothing left to run ballistics on after we ellimiated our target.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

lulz
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Zukov claims the 9mm is the best stuff ever, but I disagree. As you can see, the box has a couple of secret agent looking hot chicks:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM463-5.html

Personally, for my self-defense, I would rather have something with Ninjas on the box, not secret agents.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Zukov claims the 9mm is the best stuff ever, but I disagree. As you can see, the box has a couple of secret agent looking hot chicks:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/AMM-463.jpg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM463-5.html

Personally, for my self-defense, I would rather have something with Ninjas on the box, not secret agents.

Edited. Just realized this is the tech forum.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
After paying my bills this week, all I can afford is some "Mildly Irritating" rounds.  

snort....I LOL'd....I feel yer pain!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Where's "Machine guns of the special forces" logo

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I heard they also developed the "DTE"(Destroy The Earth) line. Which, when fired, automatically burrows into the ground, seeks out the Earths core, then explodes to violently that it causes every volcano on the planet to erupt and shifts the tectonic plates so violently that the world simply implodes.
...Unfortunately, it's only available to law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We sell it cheaper , $23.99 Here ~ CTD

CTD,
Are you serious? $24 vs $23.99....
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Why use Blackwater Exploding ammo when you can now have newly created XRBR ammo?!
Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense
and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art
technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that
dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be
otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The
exact process is totally secret and proprietary.
Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed
through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math
and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting
stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely
unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger
ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.
My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.
The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and
then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element that is
unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To
further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10, and painted a scary
face on each and every round.
Already in use by Elite Team Fighting and many other highly trained
special operations forces around the world, XRBR rounds represent the
zenith in small arms ammunition technology. Get yours today!

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

. . .  but you are putting ALL the energy into the target.

The notion that "energy transfer" is a wounding mechanism for small arms fire was debunked years ago by Dr. Martin Fackler.

Quoted:

Need to see what it does on jell.

It fails to meet the FBI's minimum penetration requirement of 12" in bare ballistic gelatin.

courtesy of Dr. G.K. Roberts

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is just the top of the line Ammo. They also offer some other loadings:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

LOL

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they make bird shot rounds but hey, maybe after they see this they they will!

No, no, no.  Bird shot rounds would be to strong, I was envisioning something a little weaker.    
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

Oh yeah?! I heard that "I'm feeling much better now" brand ammo is as low as $3.00 a box!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't bought anything from them in years, but at least its still good for a laugh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#36]
28.2% prefer pie...
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.  I laughed so hard tears rolled down my face for atleast 10 minutes.   Thanks that was freaking awesome

Brian
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#38]
i dont know guys, this guy kicked the snot out of a cantaloupe

The review is true, (despite the horrid grammar) DRT rounds are as effective as claimed. I tried a box at various distances and these are accurate up to 300 yards, (as far as I was shooting) and these things completely destroyed a cantaloupe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The review is true, (despite the horrid grammar) DRT rounds are as effective as claimed. I tried a box at various distances and these are accurate up to 300 yards, (as far as I was shooting) and these things completely destroyed a cantaloupe.

Not a big bad cantaloupe! It wouldn't happen to have been one those new hybrid armored cantaloupes, would it?

I think the ballistic gelatin picture sums it up nicely. I f I wanted to destroy produce I'd just use some 50gr HP <–– pretty fun
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw some "Creeping Death" ammo for half that at a local store.

travels at a whopping  8 fps and expands over a 2 minute interval  
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Mostly Dead" - $10

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:00:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I heard they also developed the "DTE"(Destroy The Earth) line. Which, when fired, automatically burrows into the ground, seeks out the Earths core, then explodes to violently that it causes every volcano on the planet to erupt and shifts the tectonic plates so violently that the world simply implodes.
...Unfortunately, it's only available to law enforcement.

The US Navy is actually removing all of the ICBMs from the SSBNs and replacing it with that ammo. Who needs nukes to destroy the earth when you have the DTE line?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just came across this on CTD and couldn't help but laugh at the description.
DRT - Dead Right There
DRT "Dead Right There!" This ammo has been hush, hush for over four years, during the testing phases, the elite military and law enforcement agencies couldn't believe what they were seeing as they shot the DRT ammunition. Now it is the only ammunition used to protect high profile individuals. The most amazing part of this ammunition is the compressed powder core, as it passes into the body it dissipates causing instant death. The core powder is as fine as talcum powder. When it contacts the organic target, the powder is spinning at such a high rate it instantly disperses, resulting in Instant Death. A full 100% energy dissipation as the bullet totally disappears into invisible dust. This is the most accurate and deadly ammo we have ever shot. This ammunition is used world wide to protect citizens and eliminate terrorists. DRT, Dead Right There!

This is a joke right, guys? I like how they changed the DRT acronym from "Dynamic Research Technologies" as it says on the box to "Dead Right There!"

Is there really any ballistic or tactical advantage to have a powder-core bullet? To get up to weight and not be over max OAL it'd have to be pretty damn dense powder, no?

Blue: A disappearing bullet?

I think an ice bullet would work better
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

so much for breakfast
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It fails to meet the FBI's minimum penetration requirement of 12" in bare ballistic gelatin.

So, Do I need to carry a knife with a 12 inch blade

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#46]
For some reason this reminds me of the parody movie I saw that had a guy walking through the bathroom with the condom dispensers that started with Extra thick - perfect protection (or something), and got to progressively thinner condoms that ended with "you're a daddy!" This may make absolutely no sense to anyone, I'm just saying that some of the responses remind me of that.

They should have a cheaper line that's called IHYHLI line or "I hope you have life insurance"
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright, alright...

Just remember this is a tech forum. I suppose I can let y'all have some fun, but don't take it too far or I'll have to lock the thread...

party pooper

<Don't make me send a warning your way!!! - Z>

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#49]
CTD never ceases to amaze.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top