Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:31:46 PM EDT
Just wondering on some thoughts, I think that the ammo prices have been levelling off alittle,, hopefully they might trickle down somewhat,, what are everyones thoughts,,
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Once someone figures out Obama is from Kenya and we toss the bum out! People are so afraid of this man, until he is history, our gun and ammo prices are through the roof. If he stays 4 years or 8 years, it will not matter anyway, he will make it against the law to have any of that stuff anyway.

Want to keep your guns and get back reasonable ammo prices? Call your local offices that are in charge of your elections. Politely demand they investigate Obama for election fraud. Demand it now! He is undoing 200 plus years of our Country right before our eyes. Soon it will be too late!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Once someone figures out Obama is from Kenya and we toss the bum out! People are so afraid of this man, until he is history, our gun and ammo prices are through the roof. If he stays 4 years or 8 years, it will not matter anyway, he will make it against the law to have any of that stuff anyway.

Want to keep your guns and get back reasonable ammo prices? Call your local offices that are in charge of your elections. Politely demand they investigate Obama for election fraud. Demand it now! He is undoing 200 plus years of our Country right before our eyes. Soon it will be too late!

Uhh... what? Are you being serious? Election fraud? You may not like him, but he won by a pretty handy margin.  It sounds like you need to spend less money on ammo and more money on tin foil.

To the OP, there's all ready a thread about ammo price bitching.  I post in there every once and a blue moon to vent myself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ammo prices may have leveled, but that's becuase there is hardly any ammo out there right now...no one has anything to sell. Most of the big Internet guys are out of stock of the usual quality .223 & 5.56mm loads.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If it weren't for our money rapidly being inflated, I'd be on board with your thoughts.

What cost $155 in 2005 would cost $169.53 in 2008, etc, etc.
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You do realize that YOU are one of people contributing to high ammunition prices by buying into all the hysteria about Obama and gun laws....Most of this hysteria is perpetuated by GUN DEALERS who want to make a killing by instilling fear in consumers that we are in the last days of free gun ownership or unserialized ammunition or god knows what else.

I will make it clear that I am NOT an Obama supporter. I did not vote for him, and I'm not crazy about his politics so do not mistake my remarks for blind bias. I call them as I see them.

That said, The last time I checked, I've still got all my evil black rifles and I'm free to go buy another one anytime I want...

When you make statements like "Obama is undoing 200 years of our country and soon it will be too late!" you're just making things worse....Take off the tinfoil hat and stop assuming the black helicopters are coming to take your guns...if everyone else follows suit, the cycle could be broken....

The idea of full "gun control" in America is simply not practical. We are a nation that won it's freedom by the gun and there are as many or more guns in the country than there are PEOPLE!!!!

Relax, enjoy shooting and for the love of god stop buying every last round you can possibly find so that the rest of us can go put a few holes in paper when we want to....

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm right there with you AR10. Too bad most people don't read about and/or care about matters that affect all Americans like Where's the Birth Certificate?

On topic: I don't see ammo prices coming down much more, but I do see a huge surge in about a year or so when Peak Oil becomes more of a hot topic. (I can hear all the people who pick on tinfoil hatters say, "HUH?".)

Is it time to lock the thread yet?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it weren't for our money rapidly being inflated, I'd be on board with your thoughts.

Yeah... 3% a year, that's really rapid.

dumb fuck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... 3% a year, that's really rapid.

dumb fuck.

How grown-up of you, stay classy.  IBTL.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, if you look at the speculative prices say on gunbroker the prices have dropped substantially. That bodes well for supplies and lower prices. If there's no speculatuve profit the speculators won't buy the hordes of ammo and it will likely stay longer for regular folks to pickup.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
My local Academy Sports droped the price of Monarch (Barnaul) steel 223 from $6.49 to $5.99 a box of 20  in the last week or so.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
And when speculators sell the price comes down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I see a lot of overpriced ammo on GunBroker sitting there with no bids. If people stop paying the crazy prices, they will come down some. Hopefully most of the panic buyers have completed their stashes or run out of money. Palmetto has PMC today for the same price as it was several months ago. It's at least encouraging that it hasn't gone up. With our current political climate, we won't see a return to the prices of 2-3 years ago anytime soon, but I think we will see a leveling off or slight decrease in prices, as well as better availabilty soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Personal Attacks.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top