Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2009 2:46:45 PM EDT
OK, this topic has probably been beaten to death prior to my arrival here...

I never expected to buy an AR-15, but a used Bushmaster XM15-E2S deal dropped in my lap and I couldn't resist.  Now I need copious amounts of .223.

I have done a lot of searching / reading up on Wolf ammo (new grey polymer).  There seems to be 2 camps:

-No problems, love it, shoot it all the time
-It's the spawn of Satan, avoid at all costs

A background on my shooting style:

-I DO NOT empty magazines as quickly as I possibly pull the trigger.  I choose my shots, tend to let the barrel cool a bit between mags
-I ALWAYS clean my firearms to uber shiny clean after use
-I will likely NEVER reload ammo

I don't want to damage a really nice rifle, but I do want to shoot paper targets at a range using cheaper ammo.

Acknowledging the fact that I might wear out an extractor, any experiences you would like to share?  URL to studies/articles?

So let the opinion war begin, and give me your thoughts.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for.  Sorry I cannot provide any more info.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking to purchase then do it now - AIM Surplus has it in stock for cheap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammo FAQ, entry #3
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top