Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2009 12:15:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know who has the best deal on bulk .22 ammo. I am looking to buy around 5000 rounds and the best I have seen is around 160.00 + shipping. Any other options?
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe just pick up 10 individual bricks of 550? That would give you 5500 rounds and I have seen bricks for a low as $13 still at local walmart. Right now my walmart has a few bricks left but not sure on the price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I would get them from walmart for sure, but they are never in stock, and they for sure will never have 10 boxes. I am looking for something in stock too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I would get them from walmart for sure, but they are never in stock, and they for sure will never have 10 boxes. I am looking for something in stock too.

honestly, I've scoured the internet and there is no such deals on 22. It just isn't possible to ship 22 and make it cheap.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

honestly, I've scoured the internet and there is no such deals on 22. It just isn't possible to ship 22 and make it cheap.

SO true.  I added  a case of .22 just to see shipping and it equals out to over 6 cents a round with shipping....  I would rather pay that 3 cents at walmart.

Check every walmart, and meijer to find the deals.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know who has the best deal on bulk .22 ammo. I am looking to buy around 5000 rounds and the best I have seen is around 160.00 + shipping. Any other options?

You can get 5000 rounds of federal .22lr at walmart for about $120+ taxes
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
just had my order of 5000 rds. of 22lr delivered from ammunitiontogo at around $198 including shipping......seems a little steep, but i was originally tempted to buy the same kind of ammo at j&g sales..... after doing research on the ammo (Centurion made by Aguila) a couple of hrs. later j&g sales was out of stock....

i had  to get it from ammunitiontogo which turned out cheaper coz' of shipping......

learned my lesson a long time ago and i'd rather order online in bulk when it's available than driving around looking for individual boxes for a cheaper price..... JMO......
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe just pick up 10 individual bricks of 550? That would give you 5500 rounds and I have seen bricks for a low as $13 still at local walmart. Right now my walmart has a few bricks left but not sure on the price.

Yeah +1 on this with the Federal 36-gr copper plated Value Pack at Wally World...that is, if you can find any. Most of the LI stores have not received any resupply after running out of stock initially a few months ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw some boxes of Federal (525 or 550rds, can't remember) at a Walmart in Kennett Square PA last week.  I typically don't shop there so this is not something that I normally follow.  I just happened to notice that they had some because I had paid about $1 more for the box (a 525 "value pack") that I bought at Kittery Trading Post in ME the week before (for $16).   The Walmart had a full shelf and Kittery had an entire island display of it- so it is definitely available.  

Unless you need 5000rds to shoot this week, just wait for it to show up in your neck of the woods  (point being, the whole country is not sold out).
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I called up the sporting goods department, and the guy said they had some in stock. I got there as soon as possible and bought 10 boxes for 154.00. I am feeling pretty good about myself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I called up the sporting goods department, and the guy said they had some in stock. I got there as soon as possible and bought 10 boxes for 154.00. I am feeling pretty good about myself.

Good job. I wish my walmarts got some ammo in.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top