Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2009 4:05:18 PM EDT
Just checking Ammoman (I know) and he has this stuff in stock.

Any good?

I figure since I can't get anything else ammo-wise I may put back a few hundred of .50

50 BMG AMMO - MADE IN ARGENTINA
706 GRAIN - BERDAN PRIMED
MANUFACTURED IN 1985
NON CORROSIVE
ARMOR PIERCING BLACK TIP ROUNDS
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No ideas on this stuff guys?
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of one local guy with a .50 who says it's good stuff. He's shot about 50 of the ones stamped 1985  with no problems except he claimed it wasn't the most accurate stuff.

Blows clean through 1" steel plate at 220 yards.
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Its good blasting ammo. It is not reloadable though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Should I spend the money or not?  1200 for a 400rd crate.  I'm torn.

Wideners has some .50 in stock, a little more pricey ball but it's boxer.  I have no reloading setup for .50

Thoughts?

Should I just save my money for when more normal ammo comes in stock and buy a lot of it or get the .50 now before it can't be had anymore?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Aside from the subject at hand, if you're worried that 50 BMG won't be around, you should be focusing on getting a reloading setup and getting boxer primed ammo.

J&G has French surplus for as low as $3 per round, and that is boxer primed.  Otherwise XM33 is around 4.00 per round.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if this Argentian ammo corrosive?
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wideners has some .50 in stock, a little more pricey ball but it's boxer.  I have no reloading setup for .50

Thoughts?

Should I just save my money for when more normal ammo comes in stock and buy a lot of it or get the .50 now before it can't be had anymore?

try graf and sons. I think they have it for around $400 for a case of 400
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

try graf and sons. I think they have it for around $400 for a case of 400

You mean 1400 for a box of 400.  That's close to the $4 mark you can get for NEW 50 BMG.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
There were some questions about this on the .50 cal forum a little while back.  Apparently, he's in the ARFCOM Hall of Shame for his business practices (scamming people on the EE).  The link is below.  It would be better to support vendors who support this site, not those who abuse it.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=455
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Aside from the subject at hand, if you're worried that 50 BMG won't be around, you should be focusing on getting a reloading setup and getting boxer primed ammo.

J&G has French surplus for as low as $3 per round, and that is boxer primed.  Otherwise XM33 is around 4.00 per round.

Yeah, that is a thought of mine as well.  I have some LC brass cased stuff for the event that I may need to reload down the road at some point but I have no interest in doing so now.  I don't have any AP and have always wanted some so that's why I'm looking at this stuff.

Maybe I should forget about that and get some boxer primed ball.

I don't know, I guess I'm just thinking out loud.  If I had a spare 4K I would just get a little of each.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top