Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:28:33 PM EDT
Bought some S&B SS109 from a guy or it was claimed to be SS109, when i get it the battle packs say ORDINARIO on them, and the bullets do NOT attract a magnet. Dont beleive the seller is trying to screw me but he claims all S&B 5.56 is Steel core SS109 like British Radway Green SS109, i do beleive that to be wrong as i have had S&B SS109 and its all green tipped, this stuff i just bought is NOT green tip and doesnt attract the magnet.

M193 or SS109????
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My S&B SS109 has a nice green tip and the head stamp I think reads ZV(none in front of me).  The boxes are blue with SS109 on it.  Never put a magnet to it as it is pretty clear what it is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
well i tore one apart and it is steel core, or some kind of hard ass alloy, it was throwin sparks all over when the grinder hit it and it seperated from the lead and its steel or something...
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems weird to me
All the Radway, M855 (WCC), XM855PD and CS I've got attracts a magnet.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top