BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 94
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:58:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov]
Get over it, post all your bitching about ammo availability and prices here.
And for those of you that have jumped the reloading bandwagon, yes, that is getting expensive and hard to find components too!

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Decrease demand, supply increases and price lowers...I'm trying to spread the word.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just as every other economic bubble bursts so will this one unless The .gov uses this Mexico violence thing and the latest rash of idoits shooting up their town to pass new regs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to start keeping a log of the ammo hoarders so I know where to go when the SHTF
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Texas_Rick:

I need to start keeping a log of the ammo hoarders so I know where to go when the SHTF

Yea, good luck with that. If you haven't even tried to prep yourself, you're not welcome to mine.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at Wal-Mart today and some total tool bought all 16 boxes of .223 ammo. I confronted him in the parking lot about it and he threatened me with a rear naked chicken choke. So I walked. I didn't need any of that crap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
This one time, at band camp...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By asknight:

Yea, good luck with that. If you haven't even tried to prep yourself, you're not welcome to mine.

ROFLMAO  

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
CHa CHing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=faxm193cbp&src=ba636

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Eh, I'm in on one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dogue] [#11]
Originally Posted By stevemr2t:
CHa CHing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=faxm193cbp&src=ba636

$120/200 ($.60/rd) plus shipping and insurance to me =$136.44 or $.68/rd  You can have it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
CHa CHing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol yea they can keep it
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]

CHa CHing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got M855 for $0.40/round a few weeks ago.

No thanks.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By retrodog:
I was at Wal-Mart today and some total tool bought all 16 boxes of .223 ammo. I confronted him in the parking lot about it and he threatened me with a rear naked chicken choke. So I walked. I didn't need any of that crap.

I bought out my local Walmart as well...but I would have just flexed my 24 inch pythons brother...what ya gonna do ..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Watch out for him, he said he could bench me for breakfast and I weigh 215 pounds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JHMC79] [#16]
Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of stores are sold out of .223 FMJ ammo?  It seems like the price has gone up some too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
CHa CHing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$600 +shipping for 1k rounds of XM193.  Damn, didn’t expect that from Natchez.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#18]
So I knew that centerfire ammo hasn't been around locally but could still be had online but now that doesn't even appear to be the case, is that right?

I'm looking for some 9mm and all of my usual spots online are out.  I'm I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I've reached that point...

With steel cased Russian imported .223 ammo priced at $300-350/1K now and any decent brass cased .223 or 5.56 ammo priced at $400-600/1K, I simply cannot buy anymore. Whatever I have put away for the time when ammo becomes unavailable or outlawed is what I will have to live with until this bubble pops.

I'm gonna hold my breath and wait.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#20]

I think BHO is taking care of that already!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
What the heck is going on with the availabiltiy of 223/556? I was able to by cases from Palmetto and Cabelas in Jan-Feb but I can't find any now. I don't need any more right now but this situation leads me to believe that I should buy any when I can find it. I'm not buying "Cheaper than Dirts" $700 case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:31:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I have been trying to get empty brass and finally found a thousand processed (cleaned and deprimed) rounds for $120 shipped to me.  Two years ago you could have gotten 3000 rounds for that price.

And forget finding small rifle regular or magnum primers!  I called eight "sporting goods stores" (PC for gun shops) and finally found 200 small rifle magnum primers almost two hours driving time from me!  I've googled CCI 450 primers and haven't found any yet.  I even emailed CCI asking WTF is going on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is the latest thanks to the success of the NRA. All the morons buying up ammo they wont shoot and over paying for everyting on gunbroker will be pawning it in about a year:) Enjoy your $300 hi point carbine:)

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/centrist-democrat-gun-control-is-doa-2009-03-26.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#24]
yeah primers are ridiculous right now. my local shop has 100 cci magnum large rifle primers for the old price of the 1000 pack.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Natchez Shooters Supplies has XM193 for................are you ready for this$12.99 per box.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By jmj999:

Natchez Shooters Supplies has XM193 for................are you ready for this$12.99 per box.

That equals $650 per 1K.

Today there was a deal (gone now) at Mid South Shooter Supply of bulk XM193 5.56 at $73/200 rounds ($365/1K)

$650/1K just aint right.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#27]
well as 1 posted earlier . you should have been prepared . i have over 6000 .45,.40,and 9mm rnds hoarded . over 10k 5.56 ,over 1200 assorted shotgun rnds.and for the best part  of assorted reloading  components  20k worth.
for the down side i ordered a LRB M25 in December i have 20 20rnd CMI mags,no factory ,no brass, no pills and no primers. i am not screwed yet also started picking up M1` Garands in the same boat there too
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#28]
It's good to be prepared, but stating my inventory in detail online, not so much...
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]
SS192 - $129/box! LOL WTF
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ballbags:
well as 1 posted earlier . you should have been prepared . i have over 6000 .45,.40,and 9mm rnds hoarded . over 10k 5.56 ,over 1200 assorted shotgun rnds.and for the best part  of assorted reloading  components  20k worth.
for the down side i ordered a LRB M25 in December i have 20 20rnd CMI mags,no factory ,no brass, no pills and no primers. i am not screwed yet also started picking up M1` Garands in the same boat there too

Might just be me but i dont call that being prepared.  I call that helping the inventory go down and the price go up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By docmcb:

Originally Posted By jmj999:
That equals $650 per 1K.

Today there was a deal (gone now) at Mid South Shooter Supply of bulk XM193 5.56 at $73/200 rounds ($365/1K)

$650/1K just aint right.

They told me the ammo came in the 20 round white boxes.  $365 for bulk XM193 is a good deal.  $365 for XM193 white box is an even better deal.  Glad I was lucky enough to pick up 2k rounds of it.  

Should be here tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Midway has Q3131A in stock .... that's right, A , made in Israel at the staggering price of $10.49 a box
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Only try and still from ME.............................. If your ready to leave this world !!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#34]

You cant be from Texas................. You must be one of those Kali or new yorkers that moved in !!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By docmcb:
It's good to be prepared, but stating my inventory in detail online, not so much...

My Ammo Inventory Mister Obama ;
 9mm = 6 rds.
 .223 = 6 rds
 .22  =  6 rds.   WoW.............It equals the Mark of Obama !!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Here is my question??? Where does the price escalation stop? Every 3 months, it's like a couple of bucks a box higher.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
The biggest enemy for the gun community right now is the gun community.  You. You're the problem.  If you're buying anything out of panic, you're basing your apparent necessity for something that you never thought you would need because other people are saying they're going to get it(think: you see a crowd running and you automatically follow with them) or you fear that you may never get to buy it again.  How many people do you know are first time AR-15 owners because of the election?  How many of them have NEVER shot one, owned one, or seen one before the election?  HOW MANY PEOPLE SPREAD RUMORS ON SHIT THAT THEY DONT KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT BECAUSE THEY HEARD SOMEONE ELSE SAY IT? (Hurf durf 50000000% tax on serialized ammunition that's registered to you!)  This fear is going to kill the sport and the fun of shooting.  You're worried about an impending civil war or having to fight for your country?  Do you think your rifle and ammunition is going to save you from a predator drone with IR cameras?  Ask the iraqi's how well that's working out for them.  Most of the people running around with rifles claiming this delusional reason can't even run a mile let alone wage goddamn geurilla war.  How often do you hear people puffing up their chest saying they're going to revolt if their guns are banned(maybe you're one of them?)? How childish and amateurish that violence is their first option.  It's a sport.  It's your birthright as an American.  But kneejerk panic is not going to fix the problem, and sitting back and buying shitpots of ammo and guns is not going to stop any impending gun laws.    

Bottom line: stop being afraid and panic buying.  People telling you that you need 10,000 rounds or something ridiculous are basing it off of absolutely zero experience.  You know as much as they do about SHTF OMG NUCLEAR ZOMBIE WAR as they do.  Concerned about survival? Get a .22.
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 2:56:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I work the midnight shift...my weekend starts when I haul-a$$ outta the bldg Wednesday mornings...the past three weeks, go straight to four super wally worlds and have only picked up 2 boxes of 40 rounds Remi 50gr jhp - @ $25.97 each....  
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By danger_doug:
The biggest enemy for the gun community right now is the gun community.  You. You're the problem.  If you're buying anything out of panic, you're basing your apparent necessity for something that you never thought you would need because other people are saying they're going to get it(think: you see a crowd running and you automatically follow with them) or you fear that you may never get to buy it again.  How many people do you know are first time AR-15 owners because of the election?  How many of them have NEVER shot one, owned one, or seen one before the election?  HOW MANY PEOPLE SPREAD RUMORS ON SHIT THAT THEY DONT KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT BECAUSE THEY HEARD SOMEONE ELSE SAY IT? (Hurf durf 50000000% tax on serialized ammunition that's registered to you!)  This fear is going to kill the sport and the fun of shooting.  You're worried about an impending civil war or having to fight for your country?  Do you think your rifle and ammunition is going to save you from a predator drone with IR cameras?  Ask the iraqi's how well that's working out for them.  Most of the people running around with rifles claiming this delusional reason can't even run a mile let alone wage goddamn geurilla war.  How often do you hear people puffing up their chest saying they're going to revolt if their guns are banned(maybe you're one of them?)? How childish and amateurish that violence is their first option.  It's a sport.  It's your birthright as an American.  But kneejerk panic is not going to fix the problem, and sitting back and buying shitpots of ammo and guns is not going to stop any impending gun laws.    

Bottom line: stop being afraid and panic buying.  People telling you that you need 10,000 rounds or something ridiculous are basing it off of absolutely zero experience.  You know as much as they do about SHTF OMG NUCLEAR ZOMBIE WAR as they do.  Concerned about survival? Get a .22.

I don't get this whole zombie thing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Taboot:

Read around more, the SHTF stuff is based off of the need of movies like Dawn of the Dead, Red Dawn, and other "We're normal people but now we have to survive on our own!" kind of movies.  It's a fantasy for those who want to shoot people without emotional or legal ramification because theyre zombies and zombies are already dead.  It's dumb and not going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ANGST:
Midway has Q3131A in stock .... that's right, A , made in Israel at the staggering price of $10.49 a box

Did you buy it all?
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Whaaa?
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I wonder if we all stopped hoarding if the prices would drop(sarcasm)? Supply and demand. Hoarders buy every piece of brass they can find no matter what the cost. Companies can sell every bullet they make FAST. Now I didn't go to business school but...
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Read around more, the SHTF stuff is based off of the need of movies like Dawn of the Dead, Red Dawn, and other "We're normal people but now we have to survive on our own!" kind of movies.  It's a fantasy for those who want to shoot people without emotional or legal ramification because theyre zombies and zombies are already dead.  It's dumb and not going to happen.

Zombies not gonna happen? Says who? Do some research on why the government is switching from analog to digital TV signals. I have a friend that works within Americas shadow government. He tells me that the analog signals are somehow reanimating dead tissue in humans who have recently died. He said the government has distributed a special chemical to hospitals and morgues to make sure that the recently deceased stay dead. They don't know why the analog signal causes dead tissue to live again but they are sure that we are safe with the digital signals.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 1:37:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cool-AR15:

Zombies not gonna happen? Says who? Do some research on why the government is switching from analog to digital TV signals. I have a friend that works within Americas shadow government. He tells me that the analog signals are somehow reanimating dead tissue in humans who have recently died. He said the government has distributed a special chemical to hospitals and morgues to make sure that the recently deceased stay dead. They don't know why the analog signal causes dead tissue to live again but they are sure that we are safe with the digital signals.

Finally someone gets it.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#46]

I guess I'm just not a scifi/horror guy and don't believe in ghosts and whatnot.  I did have Red Dawn fantasies when I was probably 18.  Now I just want to make some holes in paper and hopefully not have to defend my home or country against an intruder(s).  If I never have to shoot anyone, I'll be happy.

Anyway, ammo prices....  high.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 11:08:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashSuppressor] [#47]

After Katrina, I saw several real live zombies... you know... meth heads and meth producers. Had a car load drive up my 2000 foot-long, straight up hill driveway. I met them with my AP4 locked and loaded and a Smith .45acp (before I bought a XD-45) at my side. I walked in front of their car (as they backed down my hill) until they were on the blacktop and pointed east. I told them that they would not get another warning... If I saw them again they would be dead before they knew it happened. We were under Marshall Law and I was told by local LEO's to shoot and dump them in a ditch. They did not have time to handle any more than they had on their plate.

I also had Military come onto my property to see if anyone needed help. They never said a word about my weapons... other than to drool over them a bit... even had a couple of Officers shower and share a meal. Do not assume that it cannot happen... I have been there... done that... and I have a T-Shirt and a bumper sticker to prove it. Katrina was not my first rodeo either. I even survived the eye of Camille. People can get ugly and evil when society breaks down... and some of the finest comes out in good people too!

FS

Link Posted: 4/6/2009 6:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmj999] [#48]
In October of 2008 Natchez Shooters Supply had XM193 for $6.99 per box. Last week it was $12.99 per box. This week it is $14.99 per box.
We are our own worst enemies. If we continue to buy at these super inflated prices, the prices will never come down. Just when supply is starting to increase, we should stop buying at these prices. When inventory begins to build up in warehouses, this is when prices begin to fall. People must be willing to pay $13.00 per box, other wise they would not have raised the price to $15.00 per box. Do yourself a favor, if you need 5.56 that bad, "The Armory" has Privi M193 for $10.59 per box and in stock.  Remember this the next time you pay an inflated price for ammunition. All of us can make a difference.

As for some of these vendors that are raping us, I will never buy from them again. Their choice not mine. Done ranting now!
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Always wanting to help support sponsors/advertisers here I clicked a link for SGCUSA and found they had LC xm193 for $300/500, but out of stock.  I look around to see what they do have...PMC for $9.95/20.  Too rich for my blood but I go a step further to see what shipping is if I buy 1000

wait for it......

United Parcel Service (1 x 57.5lbs) (Ground) $44.17
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#50]
complain, complain, complain....whine, bitch, moan!

ok, I feel better.  now where did I put my credit card?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top