Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 1:57:50 PM EDT
I have some blue box Black Hills 75g that I want to use as my go to ammo but it isnt sealed at the primers. Would it be crazy to use some fingernail polish around the primer to seal it or is there another product im overlooking?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy commercial sealer from Midway but personally I think fingernail polish works just as good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Use pink, that way no one will ever try to steal your ammo!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use finger nail polish, but you should thin it with something, either acetone or lacquer thinner, I can't remember which one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it would be crazier to obsess about sealed primers.

Just don't worry about it.  Just as the ducks I've killed with shells pulled out of 4 inches of water on the bottom of the boat, or the deer I've killed after 8 hours of rain, the people you shoot won't give a shit whether you used ammo with sealed primers.  

Seriously dude.  Let it go.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Consult a colorist and manicurist.  You don't want to screw up your Feng Shui with the wrong color nail polish. While you are at it, get those tree climbers on your toes trimmed-the rest of us are disgusted.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If you feel you must seal these primers, get some "reasonably colored" nail polish (which is nitrocelulose lacquer, just like GI spec for primer sealer) and lacquer thinner.  Thin to watery then put a tiny drop in the groove of each case head.

Or you could use airplane dope, also thinned to watery.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, it would be crazier to obsess about sealed primers.

Just don't worry about it.  Just as the ducks I've killed with shells pulled out of 4 inches of water on the bottom of the boat, or the deer I've killed after 8 hours of rain, the people you shoot won't give a shit whether you used ammo with sealed primers.  

Seriously dude.  Let it go.

Your right, my bad.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top