Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:15:28 AM EDT
how do you guys go about finding the pet ammo for your rifle?  do you just buy a bunch of different loads and see which one groups the tightest, or is there a better way of narrowing it down?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]
As expensive as ammo is today the damn cat has to buy his own.  

As for mine, I just bought 60 to 100 rounds of several and bench rest fired, check groups and took it from there.  Good luck on finding your fav!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Darn –– thought this was going to be about the best round for cats.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Darn –– thought this was going to be about the best round for cats.

I too was a bit disappointed when it wasn't about what kind of round man's best friend should carry in its pouches during TEOTWAWKI
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually try (I say try, because I usually end up buying a buttload) to buy a few boxes and see how they function in my AR's.  That being said, many people just buy the ammo that's the least expensive since they own several AR's and it's bound to work well in AT LEAST one.

That, and many of us here are happy with a general round that can just hit a decent-sized target at ~200 yards.  It's nice to find the perfect round, but it's also nice to have some crap to just fling down range.

Ohh yeah, and I need to find a paint that I can duplicate this pattern with...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I hand load my own, which beats any factory load in all of my guns.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I usually try (I say try, because I usually end up buying a buttload) to buy a few boxes and see how they function in my AR's.  That being said, many people just buy the ammo that's the least expensive since they own several AR's and it's bound to work well in AT LEAST one.

That, and many of us here are happy with a general round that can just hit a decent-sized target at ~200 yards.  It's nice to find the perfect round, but it's also nice to have some crap to just fling down range.

Ohh yeah, and I need to find a paint that I can duplicate this pattern with...
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/GunKote.jpg

Which pattern? the cat or the blanket?  If your talking about the cat, the cheata like spots will make your rifle incredibly fast.  Like 60mph fast!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I pet my cases of ammo every time I walk past them.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top