Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:32:01 AM EDT
OMG not another ADCOM post

I was pulling the bullets on the mutant ADCOM (AD 00 headstamp) to reload the bullet and powder in a primed case (waste not, want not).  All had a full powder charge.  One bullet was different though.

A tracer round. Bullet was cannelured, no paint on the tip, and has a mild steel jacket as a magnet will stick to the tip.  The regular M855 type round has a steel penetrator but the magnet will only stick to the side.  I had shot up all the 2000 date stuff.  I checked the remaining 800 of the 2004 lot. No joy.  I would be interested if anyone has found ADCOM tracers, or accidentally caused a forest fire.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
thanx for the post, rockdoc.

nope. in all the  "dreaded" 1999 ADCOM I have shot, no tracers.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top