Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:42:49 AM EDT
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the site and to the M4.  

I bought 3 boxes of Wolf "Military" (comes in a desert camo box).  What is the difference between this and regualr Wolf ammo?  

Does it have the same problems as regular Wolf ammo?  Is it okay to practice with or should I try to save up my play $ and get some better stuff?

I'm trying to buy some of each, some good stuff to hang on to and some cheaper stuff to blow off at the range.

Anyone know of some good, cheap ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have and shoot as much (if not more) Wolf as "The Good Stuff"
Some AR's(so I've herd)will not cycle Wolf.I personally wouldn't own an AR that didn't eat Wolf like it eats the rest.You will not get sub MOA with it but,Who Cares.At half and sometimes less than half the price for tearing up paper I will always have a supply of Wolf in my stash.Monarch at $4.26 a box at Academy works well also.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Look into Silver Bear or Brown Bear. Ammunitiontogo.com has it pretty cheap. It's supposed to be a bit cleaner and hotter than Wolf. I have no experince with it yet.

The difference between the Black and Camo boxed Wolf is they are made in two different plants. Thoiugh they are pretty much the same.

Good info in here:

The Wolf is under ComBloc Ammo
ammo.ar15.com/project/AR15_Ammo_FAQnRules/index.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have only used the black box 55gr fmj.  It runs in all of my carbines.  Not sure if there is a diff between the two.  I looked at both at sportsman warehouse and could see no difference.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top