Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 12:32:51 PM EDT
I just purchased a 500 round case of Hornady TAP Practice 75gr BTHP. This is the Russian lacquer coated cases, loaded in the US with Hornady components. I examined a few boxes and they look good, except for the depth that the bullets are seated. On some of the rounds, I can see the canalure clearly and on some it is barely visible. When I examine the Hornady TAP 75gr brass cased (non-practice) rounds that I have, they all appear uniform. Is this a major issue for safety or just an accuracy issue? I purchased this ammo to try as cheap practice ammo for my LMT. Unfortunately, I have no camera and can't post pictures. Thanks in advance for all replys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
For the price and intended purpose, it's basically a non-issue.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Molon, my main concern was safety and if its a non-issue then I am happy.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top