Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:48:45 PM EDT
I have about 3500 rounds of Indian .308 that I picked up in a trade a couple of years ago. It is in clear plastic blister packs. I know this stuff is horrible in most people's mind. I am interested in selling quite a bit of it. Can you guys give me an idea of what this ammo has been selling for as of late? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the 10rd plactic packs were late 90's - 2K. Dangerous stuff and I would break it down for components. 70's stuff is much better, or so I hear, and would be much easier to pass off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
So does anyone have an idea of what this ammo sells for typically?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it sold for around 10 cents per round.  The cheapest .308 available now is around 35 cents a round.  Price it somewhere inbetween and it should sell.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]

It is in clear plastic blister packs.

Bad juju to my experience.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Dangerous stuff,do not shoot it in a semi auto rifles .if you sell it sell it cheap and don't give them your name or adress. bad karma selling that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a can of this stuff as well.  I got it about 5-years ago and I am afraid to use it so it just sits there.  One of these days I will go through and do a 100% inspection of mine and sort them based on weight, COL, and visual inspection.

The shitty shells (too long, too short, weight issues, cracked or deformed necks, etc) I will likely pull the bullets and try to determine if I should trust the ammo that did look good as a SHTF reserve.

I will put the better stuff back in bags (assuming the shitty stuff didn't scare me off) and keep it in case of an emergency as it is better then poking a stock at someone BUT this stuff is last resort stuff (I likely don't need mine anymore as I have a very healthy stash of other stuff).

I am not comfortable selling it and having someone come back to me after their gun KABOOMS so it is mine, perminately.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]
AR Bros,

A friend and I purchased 10k from J&G numerous years ago to shoot through one
of his belt fed toys. He died of cancer a few years ago and I ended up with about
a case of the Indian left. Year before last I decided to try some through the HK91.

I had read a blog on some other site pertaining to blow ups by several others
who had used some of the Indian ammo in various weapons.

The first 2 rounds went bang and the third round jammed into the barrel and that
was that until I got home an extricated the round. Upon examining the round I found
the base of the brass would not fit in the shell holder made for the .308 winchester.

Just to see what was what I decided to pull the bullets on 20 rounds and measure
the powder, bullets and brass. To my complete dismay, I found a variance of
about 5 grains of powder between the 20 rounds, one of those testers would not
fit in the shell holder as the base was way too large.

I decided to pull all of the remaining bullets from the case I had and 'remanufacture"
the ammo.

All of the brass got small base resized (40-50 had bunk brass-ie: would not fit in
the shell holder) dumped the primers and saved the bullets and powder. I re-
primed all with winchester large rifle primers and going on a 'mean' of the powder
charges, remanufactured some testers for the HK.

I have had some good results doing the remanufacturing (only about 150 rounds
so far), but atleast now I KNOW what the ammo is.

Hope this helps,

Art
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a couple boxes that I bought for 10 cents per round.  '86   I have only shot a few hundred, but all have been good so far.    I recently started weighing every round for extra insurance.  SO far they all seem pretty uniform.  None of the split or damaged cases or such that people talk about.  

I would bet you could sell it for around 20 cents per if it's in good shape, and if you can sell it locally.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont they use curry paste as a propellent in their ammo?hinking.gif

Well it sure makes me go!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#13]
The 70's stuff is pretty good. I shot 1200 rounds of the inferior 90's stuff in my CETME, FAL, FR8 and Ishapore 2A . It even shot great out of a .308 MAS 49/56 conversion.

The brass tumbles and comes out looking great. It makes for great reloads.

It's not real accurate, but it's great blasting ammo. If you can't find any takers, I'll buy all you have for .12 cents each plus shipping.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top