Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:04:14 PM EDT
I came across some Privi-Partizan 5.56 ammo at a good price (these days) and was hoping to find a review about it here.  Tried the Ammo FAQ thread and a simple search but did not find it listed.  Anyone have experience feeding it to their AR?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, just saw the previous thread on Wolf vs. Privi.  Any other info on this ammo?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
PP is sold as Wolf's brass-cased line, and as the Monarch brass-cased line.  Check the reviews for those.

In before Zhukov gets to scold!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The review is listed under Wolf M193 (Wolf was the importer of the Prvi for a couple years).
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
PP is sold as Wolf's brass-cased line, and as the Monarch brass-cased line.  Check the reviews for those.

Not exactly, Monarch is an underpowered .223 load. The new(07) .556 prvi load is up to par m193 type ammo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not exactly, Monarch is an underpowered .223 load. The new(07) .556 prvi load is up to par m193 type ammo.

So, how does it compare to LC or Q3131/Q3131A?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
anyone have any experience with the 75 gr Match HPBT Prvi Partisan ? I know there were issues with the 223 being under charged causing malfunctions with the 62 gr stuff....what about these?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Monarch has two different versions of this round.  One is in a more commercial box and the other in a plain green box.  One-the green one I think-is their M193 product.  Since they are BOTH stupid-expensive, I haven't tested them to see which is which.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anyone have any experience with the 75 gr Match HPBT Prvi Partisan ? I know there were issues with the 223 being under charged causing malfunctions with the 62 gr stuff....what about these?

From the shooting I have done, I found that it is "almost" as accurate as the .223 75 Grain Hornday Match ammunition out of all of my 1/7 and 1/8 twist uppers.  I haven't performed any scientific testing, such as using a chronograph, but I did test at 50 yards with three different uppers (two 1/7 twist and one 1/8 twist).  At 50 yards, my Prvi Partisan groups were about 1/4" looser than the Hornady Match from all weapons that I shot them through.  Of course that isn't saying too much because my 5 shot Hornday groups were basically all touching whereas the PRVI groups were "almost" touching.  At 25 Yards, both ammunition resulted in one ragged hole.  I didn't try 100 yards because I can't see the dang bullseye without magnification.  

I experienced no under power related issues and I am pleased with the results I received for roughly half the cost of the Hornady Match ammunition at the time I purchased my PRVI ammo.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread

tinyurl.com/ywvqta

has all the info you need on Prvi 75 grain. Bottom line is that it's almost as accurate as Black Hills blue box stuff and a little cheaper. It shot very, very well out of my Colt 1:9 as well, though I did get a round with no flash hole.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Good thread on prvi, should help:

prvi 5.56 review
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had excellent results with both rounds.  Accurate, cycles 100% etc.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top