Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:28:36 PM EDT
I bought two sardine cans of Wolf 55 gn @ $90 each about 2 weeks ago and the price has jumping to $113.95 per sardine can ( Club price) Yes, it's 25% markup already! I thought it was going to be effective Sept.1 but the C&*^Suckers have already jumped the gun. Looks like another round of ammo whoring will begin. Sportsmans Guide. F*&^ you! Infinity ++! A*&holes!
My sincere apologies to the Mod folks!
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
While I'll agree that Sportsman's Guide sucks, I don't blame them when they raise their prices.

They are in business to make money, without regard for the customers.  People will keep paying their higher prices, so they'll keep raising them.

It's simple economics.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Most certainly Economics plays into it but Sept 1 was the time for the price increases. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to how well the honor system works among the internet ammo vendors. I can only hope that integrity still exist as for Sportsmans Guide they have none!
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, Federal, Winchester, et al are raising prices 9-1-07, but Wolf raised their on 7-1-07 if I remember the posts at the time. So, SG did us a favor by waiting until August to raise prices.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most certainly Economics plays into it but Sept 1 was the time for the price increases. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to how well the honor system works among the internet ammo vendors. I can only hope that integrity still exist as for Sportsmans Guide they have none!
Misc

As I recall, the Sept 1st increased pertained to ATK/CCI manufactured ammunition, not SSI ammunition.

I think Sportsman's Guide has shown that they could care less about integrity.  But, they're able to raise their prices whenever they see fit... and people will keep paying.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Misc

As I recall, the Sept 1st increased pertained to ATK/CCI manufactured ammunition, not SSI ammunition.

I think Sportsman's Guide has shown that they could care less about integrity.  But, they're able to raise their prices whenever they see fit... and people will keep paying.

Sir! Unfortunately, that cannot be disputed!
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget that to purchase that more expensive ammo dealers will have to raise their already owned stock to afford more. I sorta expected the price hike to hit a week or two before the actual ATK hike.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If we ALL would just stop buying it for a couple two or three months, the prices would fall.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If we ALL would just stop buying it for a couple two or three months, the prices would fall.

Only if, only if! Noble thought!
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]
flannagan_bryan, no disrespect but what makes you think that your buying power can equal theirs to the point of making such a bold assessment. Sometimes backdoor deals are made because of being the 800 lbs gorilla.
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks very interesting, indeed!
Misc
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Why are ammo prices going up on Sept 1?  Is this across the board?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
but SPG could get a better deal on Wolf (who knows), but they often sell it below cost of everybody else.

+1 they are normally cheaper on wolf than most others. Sure sometimes they backorder it and then never send it out. Hasn't happened to me yet. Ammo prices everywhere still suck though. Bryan, I think you are a stand up guy for admitting another vendor is cheaper on a certain product. AIM rocks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Dupe. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=313837
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top