Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 1:27:57 AM EDT
I've been watching the ammo for sale ads with interest lately and it seems like people think this stuff is made of gold.

AIM has new commercial ammo (PRVI) in .308 for 55 cents a round, and Lithuanian surplus for the same price.  (http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/308.html)

I can buy new commercial brass case ammo for 60-80 cents a round that I can reload, but the SA and Aussie (I think) are non-reloadable.

So, give me a reason to keep the South African and Australian crates in the basement and not dump them at ridiculously high prices on the EE.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
free enterprise, man!

DUMP AWAY!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Dump the old ammo and buy Prvi (2007) It is extremely good ammo. No steel, very clean, high quality, boxer primed non-corrosive and very accurate. I shoot it all the time in my M1A without ever having one problem. AND it's 2007 ammo! The brass is reloadable also, which makes your once-fired brass worth a lot in the EE.(What $60 - $80 per 1000? maybe more)  Berdan primed once-fired is metal value only and a local scrap dealer will only give you $1.50 per lb on small quantities.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The cartridges are sealed and packaged for (insert Ron White voice here) lllllloonnnggg term storage.  Why not keep it and just add to it in smaller quantities over time?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
because someone will just hold on to it,  and sell it for twice you did.   so you might as well keep it
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top