Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2007 3:42:35 PM EDT
I just recieved a half a case of 223 Talon Tracers (Came in 20 round brown boxes instead of the usual white) the bullets are all seated differently some high some rather low. Also, there is a bunch of black stuff on the bullets themselves. Are these safe to shoot? Anyone see them come in brown boxes?

Thanks!

Riese
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? I am going shooting Tuesday with my Wife on Tuesday and would love to shoot some of these. Really rather not her get hurt though.

Thanks!

Riese
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have any doubt whatsoever, do NOT shoot them.  Posting pictures may help others give advice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never shot any of the Talon stuff, so I can't offer any advice on it (or even the packaging it should be in).  The varying bullet run-out lengths don't sound very encouraging, so I wouldn't expect consistent accuracy out of them.  

The one thing that I will caution - please make sure that (a) you are allowed to shoot them wherever you are going (they are a NO GO at many ranges), and (b) don't shoot them if you are in a drought condition (like Georgia is in) and around grasses or leaves.  If they do light up going downrange (some old tracers don't), they can start a fire pretty darn quick if the conditions are right.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Need pics. If the bullets are all seated different and look crappy they may be half-assed reloads from pulled parts. If you don't know , don't go.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top