Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread is for results only. Please don't post "I ordered some".

Feel free to edit this comment with your results when you get them. - Z
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered and shot a case in 2006 and had a terrible time with it.  It has been the worst ammo I've ever run through my AR (16' LMT - chrome-lined barrel, M4 feed ramps, 5.56 chamber). Stuck cases, doublefeeds, FTE - it got to the point that I just kept my cleaning rod next to me to pop out the cases and made sure no children were around as I was swearing every 2-3 rounds trying to clear the damn thing.

Everything else (wolf included) runs fine in my guns.

Just took a 5-day class and 1 guy was using it. His rifle became a club during nearly EVERY drill.

Best luck with it - hopefully it'll run in your guns but I will never buy it again.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...I ordered and shot a case in 2006 and had a terrible time with it...

Mike

Mike I think the 2006 still had the red bullet sealant. Some people experienced FTE issues due to it. Do you remember if that was the case with your ammo?
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've gone through over 300 rounds of the Silver Bear 62gr SP I got from AIM. Did not have any problems what so ever. Used two ARs and one AK all chrome lined, two of the barrels are 1:7" and one is 1:9" all 16" in length. This batch of Silver Bear does NOT have the red bullet sealant and seems to perform great.

Accuracy was well above average and consistency was superb. It was easy to shoot groups on paper due to the consistency of the loads. The 6" steel gongs at 150, 200, 300 and 400 yards were a pleasure to shoot. At 500 yards it got a bit harder, not sure if it’s the ammo or the wind picking up.

In this crazy market it's hard to find consistent cheap plinking ammo, with these silver bear rounds you get more than any other brand/batch IMO. I am very pleased with this ammo and wish I bought more.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I have tried this stuff through 3 diff AR's

2 16" DPMS and 1 20" BM

I had constant FTE and the next round getting jammed up into the back of the previous case. This would occur about every 3rd round. I would initially get through about 5 rounds then FTE every other or every 3rd after that.

This however is still the stuff with the red band around the top of the case/bullet.

I still have about 400 rds of this crap taking up space in the safe.

Have thought about buying a bolt action 223 as a excuse to be able to shot it up LOL.

Unless someone can tell me that they have changed something and resolved these issues with FTE I wont be buying SB again. The batch i have was a total waste of money.

Joddy
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have tried this stuff through 3 diff AR's

2 16" DPMS and 1 20" BM

I had constant FTE and the next round getting jammed up into the back of the previous case. This would occur about every 3rd round. I would initially get through about 5 rounds then FTE every other or every 3rd after that.

This however is still the stuff with the red band around the top of the case/bullet.

I still have about 400 rds of this crap taking up space in the safe.

Have thought about buying a bolt action 223 as a excuse to be able to shot it up LOL.

Unless someone can tell me that they have changed something and resolved these issues with FTE I wont be buying SB again. The batch i have was a total waste of money.

Joddy

theres another therad on SB that says they ARE doing something different with their ammo. It worked great for me last weekend, no probs with about 280 rounds fired thru three different 16" AR's.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top