Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2007 7:15:59 AM EDT
Anybody finding any good sources of XM-193, Q3131A, or IMI 5.56 55gr ball out there?  Seems like it has all dried up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Something tells me that if people here have a source they will definitely keep it to themselves.....even if they already have 50,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Winchester was not going to make any 223/5.56 ammo for our market this year. Good news is they have caved and are going to do one run in August or September.

The bad news is the Qload will be in the 10.00 per box range. That is if people keep their heads, do not try to mark the ammo up too much over Winchesters price. Do not go on a buying spree causing the price to increase.

more bad news, maybe. Some Distributors have refused to order ammo at this price. If they stick to their guns and not order, it could cause the production run to be cancelled.This could sky rocket the prices if Winchester does not make any for the civilian market this year.

On the other hand if Winchester caves in again to their distributors maybe the case price can be in the 400.00 range. Again if people keep level heads. Do not try to profiteer, or hoard. Maybe the prices will level out by this time next year.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
There was some Winchester Q 3131 at the local show [don't know where you're from] for $320 per K cash and carry.

XM193 was $300 per K.

I think the guy has posted here a couple of times. He knew of the site. He said his next shipment was going to be more.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually seeing more and more of the stuff around.  I think that there's actually quite a bit out there, but we keep setting the market on the ammo higher and higher every day.  

-X
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The higher the price the more that will come out of the squirrel holes.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
duplicate
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The higher the price the more that will come out of the squirrel holes.

Exactly.

Just because you're seeing it around doesn't mean that new stuff is coming in..
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The zombies bought it all as a pre-emptive measure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
There is NO WAY in hell I am paying .30+ a pop for 223.

I've already dumped all my 223's and have gone to 30 cal.   At least its WORTH the .30+ a round IMHO.

None for me, more for you.....hey at least I'm doing my part in the great supply and demand chain.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top