Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 2:24:59 PM EDT
What's the deal on these? Do they leave an orange trace instead of red?

They are packed loose, so I'm guessing they are seconds. But the price looks pretty good to me.

Click on .223 / 5.56
ammoman.com/index.htm

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot M856 in the army many times, it still burns the same, red. I have seen them on M-249 linked ammo, and also loose.

good luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used those pulled tracer. They work fine. I have shot a lot more of the .308 bullets. I never shot them on paper but I did have a good time one day shooting them at steel targets out to 800 yards. They seemed to be as accurate as the ball ammo I was shooting out of the same rifle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they're good stuff, leave a nice red trail for 3/4 mile I'd say
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
What's the deal on these? Do they leave an orange trace instead of red?

Click on .223 / 5.56
ammoman.com/index.htm

Have a good one! The color is simply used for identification purposes. An orange tip indicates the 61gr M856 tracer round. A red tip indicates the 55gr M196 tracer round.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I've nearly a grand worth of these at the house.  They burn red and trace for a damn long ways.

Send me a PM and I'll scoot 5 your way for kicks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up some of the red tipped Talon M196, will be picking up some of those M856 asap
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.

I went ahead and ordered 1K today. Other than fun plinking I was thinking of putting a couple near the bottom of each of my loaded AR mags. Kind of a visual indication that I'm nearing a re-load.

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.

I went ahead and ordered 1K today. Other than fun plinking I was thinking of putting a couple near the bottom of each of my loaded AR mags. Kind of a visual indication that I'm nearing a re-load.

Have a good one!

+1 that's what I do, #11 is a tracer to signify I have 10 rounds left and #2 means I have one round left.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top