Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT
What is the best way to store ammunition?  I am thinking about getting several 20mm cans and storing it in them.

What is everyone else using?  Does everyone store their ammo inside their house or in the garage?  I am running out of space inside my house and might consider storing some of my ammo in the garage.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
USGI ammo cans work fine.  Thrrow in a couple small dessicant packs for good measure.

I prefer the 50cal size myself.  Once you fill up a 20mm can with ammo, it can get pretty heavy if you need to move it around.

I too have no space left in the house, so all mine is stored in the garage (in ammo cans).  Mine ammo survives the humid NC summers with no problems.  As long as the cans are sealed you should be OK.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Stripper clips, bandoleers, 30/50 cal ammo cans.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]
it seems like 25 boxes of wolf (steel jacket) will fit in a .30 can, but only 24 boxes of federal AE 223.

.30 cans are my choice because when filled they're lighter and just feel more "huppable".  I can carry 1 in each hand and still make pretty good speed on foot.  Also light enough for smaller people to carry for you.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top