Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 9:24:41 AM EDT
I just received the November catalog #811 a couple days ago.  On pg 6 they list the Federal TRU 64Gn for $9.97 item number AMM-248. This is the same price that appeared in the September catalog.

When you go to the website to order the price is over $11.00

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's not bait and switch. That's a price increase.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's not bait and switch. That's a price increase.

Or just a better price for catalog orders.  Call them up and order it over the phone, see what price they quote you and try to insist on the catalog price.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The lower price first appeared in the Spetember catalog.  Its now october and the price has increased. that's fine.  the issue is they just mailed out the November catalog sitill advertising the lower price.  If there has been a price increase the new catalogs should reflect that increase. They should not continue to publish the cheaper price knowing when you order the price will not be the published price.

I'll bet the december catalog still lists the cheaper price too.

Here was their Email response.

Xxxxx,

The ammo has had an immediate price increase, the ammo is now 11.97.

Cheaper Than Dirt

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order - Other - Order Number:

Sunday 29 October 2006 9:13:10 PM

XXXXXX
[email protected]

Customer Question/Comment

Item number AMM-248 shows a price of $9.97 in catalog #811.  Yet the price
shown on the website is over $11.00.

which is the correct price and how can I get the printed catalog price?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet if you look at that catalog it has a disclaimer about price increases, that's necessary because prices can change on short notice, and they order the printing on those mailed catalogs several months in advance.  It's a fact of life that any business that sends out catalogs have to live with, you can't change the printed prices on short notice, that's why it will usually say to visit their website or call to check the current price.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just received the November catalog #811 a couple days ago.  On pg 6 they list the Federal TRU 64Gn for $9.97 item number AMM-248. This is the same price that appeared in the September catalog.

When you go to the website to order the price is over $11.00

Why don't you contact HSM.  They sell the Federal TRU, Winchester, and Hornady  to LEO's for a hell lot cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Once again, Cheaper Than Dirt is anything but cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
20% increase WOW !  And aren't the masses talking about another increase in November also?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I Use their fliers to start my fireplace. Their new name should be 30% or Higher than everybody else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
I Use their fliers to start my fireplace.heir30% or Higher than everybody else.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]
CTD could care less about it's customers.  That's just my experience.
The buyers club is a scam too.  Once you have saved equal to the club price, they
start playing all kinds of shipping scams on you.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top