Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2006 7:42:43 PM EDT
Good evening,

Does anyone have any bullet drop data for the following scenario?

14.5" barrel
1-in-7 twist
Black Hills 75-grain MHP
100 yards or less

I am trying to figure out what range to zero it at to minimize the vertical spread between 0-100 yards.

Thanks,
James
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually zero at 50/200 yards.  You have to adjust your sight down two clicks though.  This requires loosening the little screw and turning it back below normal zero two clicks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I usually zero at 50/200 yards.  You have to adjust your sight down two clicks though.  This requires loosening the little screw and turning it back below normal zero two clicks.

Yep works great but make sure that if there is 6 clicks between numbers on sight that you double it and go minus 4. I think this would be a good place to start and see how to adjust. With the 75 grainer I am not sure where the trajectories cross paths but it would be fun to play around with it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep works great but make sure that if there is 6 clicks between numbers on sight that you double it and go -4.

Yup, if you have 1/4 MOA clicks go down four.  1/2 MOA clicks go down two.

Edit:  Here is a link with instructions on the improved zeroing technique.

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top