Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2006 5:51:55 PM EDT
Had a really crappy day Friday, so I took one of the company carbines and 20 loaded magazines out and killed a bunch of reflexive firing targets.

Emptied every magazine.  ~600 rounds of 62 grain Wolf (polymer coated) FMJ.  Mostly controlled pairs, but I also did a number of fast double taps, Mozambique drills, "failure to stop" drills, advancing drills, and strong-to-weak transitions (and vice-versa).  Several fast magazine dumps.

No failures to extract.  No failures to fire.  No stuck cases.  No squib rounds.  No kabooms. No malfunctions of any kind.

Rounds hit where I aimed.  And when I cleaned the carbine the chamber was shiny.

How could this be?

Oh, and my magazines were a mix of HKs (2), C Products stainless steel (16) and Thermolds (2).  No Thermolds melted and the C Products ran like champs.

Going to have to have the boss order more ammo (oh, wait, I'm the boss!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
voice in the background   ( Hey ODA_564 wake up breakfast is ready)  
jk  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Then your alarm clock went off...

Just kidding!

Seriously, I've had the same great experience with the 62gr Poly Wolf, they work great out of my 1/7 barrels.  I just ordered another 1000!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
As I replied in a topic recently, I went 1000 rounds with the New Wolf  "Mil-Spec" 5.56 without one single problem with them. My testing the new round was to shoot the 1k with quality mags and a Colt AR. I came to the conclusion that Lot#46 & 47 was some Great stuff.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot well over 1k of Wolf with no problems of any kind (except for it being a bit dirty).
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As I replied in a topic recently, I went 1000 rounds with the New Wolf  "Mil-Spec" 5.56 without one single problem with them. My testing the new round was to shoot the 1k with quality mags and a Colt AR. I came to the conclusion that Lot#46 & 47 was some Great stuff.

Hmm, that's good news. I have a mix of lots 44, 46 & 47. Just waiting for the weather to clear.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've shot well over 1k of Wolf with no problems of any kind (except for it being a bit dirty).

This was no dirtier than Federal, Winchester,,PMC,Rem. etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was no dirtier than Federal, Winchester,,PMC,Rem. etc.

For the price, I have no problems with it being dirty.  I clean religiously anyway.  I'd rather have more money for ammo that way.  And the stuff has been reliable for me.  The accuracy is "good enough".
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a tad over 3k rounds of wolf through my OLY CAR-15 with Zero malfunctions.  I have not cleaned this gun since this started, only lubed it prior to shooting with either spray rem-oil or spray CLP [whatever I happened to have]  The bulk of this ammo was the old laqquer stuff that my buddies gave me because they were afraid to shoot it.  

Some rifles are finekey about ammo, mine is not...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a tad over 3k rounds of wolf through my OLY CAR-15 with Zero malfunctions.  I have not cleaned this gun since this started, only lubed it prior to shooting with either spray rem-oil or spray CLP [whatever I happened to have]  The bulk of this ammo was the old laqquer stuff that my buddies gave me because they were afraid to shoot it.  

Sounds like your Oly CAR-15 is a excellent rifle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't think they were afraid to shoot it, they just didn't want the BS of extractor problems with the lacquer ammo.  I have a bunch that has been sitting around since the mid 90s.  I used some of it in a couple of ARs and once they got hot both had extraction problems.  Not going to wreck a range day with Wolf lacquer.  I hope the new Wolf brass is OK.  It will have to get below the price of AE 223 before I buy any.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have found the 62 grain polymer coated Wolf to be at least as accurate as any XM855 that I have shot.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Wolf 62 polymer's been good to me.  acceptable plinking accuracy, no ftf/fte, no dirtier than other fodder in the price range.

If you want top quality and affordability buy BH reman in the bullet of your choice.......

Just my opinion, I could be wrong......
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I've shot about 1K  of Wolf 62gr HP through my LMT without one malfunction.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Ok.... How much is Wolf paying you for this... Becoming a dealer for Wolf......Hmmmmm?
Can't fool us...
Glad you had fun.... Send me your Wolf before you get too happy...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a similar experiance every time I go to the range.  For my rifles, after I sight in with my go to ammo, the 62 Grn wolf is great for practice.  Similar accuracy as M193 or M855 and just as reliable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#17]
those cproduct stainless are bad boys huh?? i love mine.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ok.... How much is Wolf paying you for this... Becoming a dealer for Wolf......Hmmmmm?
Can't fool us...

Glad you had fun.... Send me your Wolf before you get too happy...

Rmpl

Actually, while we buy a specific type of 7.62x39mm directly from Wolf for a .mil training subcontract, they always politely change the subject when we ask about other calibers.

We buy our 5.56mm Wolf from SG  on our corporate AMEX, paying retail like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow Just wait for the delayed Kaboom. It will go "POP" in the gunsafe, and take down your M1A with it. Its AlQueda ammo man.... Friends do not let friends shoot wolf unless those friends brought the steak and potatos for the campfire.  Umm or some thing like that....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL.......  #1 who the hell cares?????????
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#22]
It could be my imagination but having shot Wolf for a long time now in both 7.62 and then .223 when they went to the polyformance coating, I've had 0 problems with Wolf and I even think the powder burns cleaner than it used to.  I ran about 250 through an AR Friday and really the bolt, barrel, and all were really no dirtier than they would have been firing Q3131.  

Well OK probably a bit dirtier, but still I believe cleaner than it used to run.  I'll have to take some of my older Wolf out and see.

Either way, I've run about 3250 rounds of Wolf in poly through my AR's and had no complaints.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top