Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:12:52 AM EDT
Been trying to access their website and it will not work. Keeps sending me to a domain for sale ad
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Good. Maybe someone else will sell the rest of their surplus .308 without their bullshit ID photocopy policy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
damn, that will suck.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good. Maybe someone else will sell the rest of their surplus .308 without their bullshit ID photocopy policy.

I thought I was the only person that has a problem with photo ID policies.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess they paid their bill because they seem to be back on line as of 1150 CDT.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why is it bullshit?

I can see where they would want to cover their asses, so no big deal. If I have to send them a one time copy of my DL in order to be able to order, big fucking deal. I like being able to buy the SA .308 cases cheap.

Unless you think they are giving your info to the .gov. If so, loosen the tinfoil just a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the ID policy.

I don't see what's the big deal if it make sure that only adults are buying it and not some dumbass 12 year old.  While yes, they can probably snatch their parent's ID too... at least the business is covered from legal issue.  I swear that some buyers have no idea what it takes to run a business.  And it is a business, where the seller is in it for money... and not the joy of selling items to ARFcom members  While that may come second, the first is still for the MONEY.  

If you want to buy from a company like Aimsurplus... either go with their policy or get the hell out of Dodge and shop elsewhere.  No need to bad talk a company for trying to cover themselves from legal issues.

~nb
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never had better service from any business than from AIM Surplus. They are not the only ammo vendor to require photo ID and I trust them to handle it confidentially more than I trust the Federal Government and their policy of making up the rules as they go along to suit their political needs. You can spend more, but you'll never get a better deal than from AIM (imho).
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#8]
they are back up, wooooo Hooooooo

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't recall ever providing a DL for anything from AIM. ...

now I do have an FFL on file
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh Lawd have mercy, I sent [actually faxed] my DL ONE damn time to them and have ordered probably 25 thousand rounds. Always had GREAT service and fast shipping. If they are really busy they will TELL me right as I order that it might take a few extra days.

Never been screwed yet, and all it took was faxing in my ID once. I think it was well worth it.

So they CYA. I'd probably do the same if I was in the gun/ammo business. Who needs a lawsuit because some 15 year old shit bought ammo illegally and went on a spree?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good lord.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered some ammo and everything looks fine to me...  Oh, and the DL thing isn't a big deal at all.  I emailed a scanned copy of mine and everything has been fine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh Lawd have mercy, I sent [actually faxed] my DL ONE damn time to them and have ordered probably 25 thousand rounds. Always had GREAT service and fast shipping. If they are really busy they will TELL me right as I order that it might take a few extra days.

Never been screwed yet, and all it took was faxing in my ID once. I think it was well worth it.

So they CYA. I'd probably do the same if I was in the gun/ammo business. Who needs a lawsuit because some 15 year old shit bought ammo illegally and went on a spree?

I agree with you 100%.  I too faxed them a copy of my DL.  No big deal in this world of lawsuits.  Thumbs up for Aim.  Always gives me good service and they are pleasent to do business with.  
BTW the site is back up.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you 100%.  I too faxed them a copy of my DL.  No big deal in this world of lawsuits.  Thumbs up for Aim.  Always gives me good service and they are pleasent to do business with.  
BTW the site is back up.  

+1

Aim has been very good to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I was in there store front this past week and didnt notice anything different. They more thsan likely just updated there site because they just got a shitload of new stuff in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate their DL policy too.  Mostly cuase I am only 20 yrs. old, and they require you to be 21 to make a purchase from them.  If I could buy from them that SA .308 would be all sold by now  Oh well, their loss.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I like AIM, in fact I will be ordering some more Guat. M193 from them tomorrow.  I have no problems with the photo ID and they are nice, courtious, and eager for my business when I order over the phone.  I ordered some ammo a few weeks ago and they told me that they were a little backedlogged but would get the order out ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had a C&R on file with Aim for a few years now and never ordered from them until last week.  I ordered some of the Korean 30.06 from them and it came ridiculously FAST and looks BETTER than I expected.  So in my opinion, Great company, and if they need to do a little thing to cover their butts then I am definitley OK with it.  Its the sign of a well run company.  Keep up the good work AIM.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]
OH TEH NOES!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are back up and running.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
sovereign,
Two years ago we got sued by a certain state for NOT getting a copy of a drivers license,   I spent more fighting that lawsuit than you will spend on ammo in your lifetime,   I have 16 employees and their families to take worry about, if you can't take 20 seconds to take a digital picture of your DL,  then go buy your 308 at walmart.     If its not the liberals its somebody

Bryan
Aim

That's great, but I don't have a DL. It expired 9 years ago and I chose to not renew it. Sold the car at the same time and haven't looked back. I do have a Passport, however, it is not "state issued ID"...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Agreed.  I think sometimes Steve Francis there uses that policy as a BS excuse rather than just admitting they don't have something in stock.  I've seen them jerk-around several guys that ordered from them.  Most recently [email protected] claimed they couldn't ship to my great-nephew even though they have his C&R FFL on file.  He has bought rifles directly from them, but they won't ship ammo to him.  I've FAX'ed his drivers license twice and e-mailed a scan of it once, but AIM still hasn't shipped his order yet from March 13 (order #JW930410030205).z
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought all my 308 stash from AIM , Aussie,Port, and now SA ....Send a copy of ur DL once and your good to go.

Longhunter
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
passport is fine, state ID (not DL), CCW, we can use allot of different things, take a picture of it.  

Fair enough.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Dear god, I almost fainted when I read the subject line. Glad it wasn't true!

Oh, and yes, for someone to complain about their photo ID policy is pretty silly. As mentioned before, with the legal climate as it is today with the gun industry, you can't CYA enough if you ask me..........
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got a case of Guatemalan .223 ammo from AIM last week, and I opened all of the battlepacks so I could inspect and store the ammo in ammo cans.  All of the ammo was excellent.  I shot some this weekend, and it is real good stuff.  I hope I can buy some more before they run out.  Great people to do business with.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't like their policy?  Don't buy from them.

I have and got good service.  I'll buy again if I need something they have.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I would be very upset if AIM went out of business. I've got a stack of 7.62 in my closet courtesy of AIM, and I'll be buying more ammo from them soon.

If their ID policy pisses you off, then go somewhere else. But AIM is by far not the only ones who require ID. I don't blame them at all for requesting that info for CYA purposes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sovereign,
Two years ago we got sued by a certain state for NOT getting a copy of a drivers license,   I spent more fighting that lawsuit than you will spend on ammo in your lifetime,   I have 16 employees and their families to take worry about, if you can't take 20 seconds to take a digital picture of your DL,  then go buy your 308 at walmart.     If its not the liberals its somebody

Bryan
Aim

That's great, but I don't have a DL. It expired 9 years ago and I chose to not renew it. Sold the car at the same time and haven't looked back. I do have a Passport, however, it is not "state issued ID"...

Same situation with me.  Mine expired fifteen years ago.
I just emailed them a few minutes ago, to see if they will accept other forms of ID.

I have ordered from them five years ago using an "alternate form of ID", but I have the suspicion that it is no longer on file.  Will let everyone know how it goes...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#31]
It has nothing at all to do with something being in stock or out of stock.

once they have your id on file, there is no delay if they have it in stock.

If they don't they will tell you.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We had a fatal server crash on Thursday... there went my weekend.

We have  to verify age (anything federal or state issued is fine) by law. We would never make up some story about needing your ID cause we were out of stock of an item. It would be much easier to just tell you it was out of stock.

Sorry some are offended. We greatly appreciate everyones business.

Thank you,
Erik

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Thank you,
Erik

And we greatly appreciate some of the best prices on ammo in the country, fantastic customer service, and your support of this website!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you,
Erik

And we greatly appreciate some of the best prices on ammo in the country, fantastic customer service, and your support of this website!!!

Amen!! Best mail order company I have ever dealt with, no BS, up front on shipping and if it is stock, willing to tell you up front if it will be delayed because of the traffic [high orders], will tell the date it will ship out, polite friendly phone people, someone who will answer any questions in a friendly manner, willing to stand behind their product, need I go on?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just emailed them a few minutes ago, to see if they will accept other forms of ID.

I have ordered from them five years ago using an "alternate form of ID", but I have the suspicion that it is no longer on file.  Will let everyone know how it goes...

My suspicions have been confirmed....  They have nothing on file for me.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top