Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
Hey fellas- Im sort of new here. just bought two cans of the M855 from Ammoman, recieving it tomorrow!!! Does anyone here have any experince with this stuff and is it a good SHTF choice? I recently bought two Colt AR's 6700 1/9 twist 20" and 6601 1/7 twist 20".  All of your comments are greatly appreciated.-Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
you did good, its top of the line ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you did good, its top of the line ammo.

+1

I have only shot 1 mag of the stuff out of the crate I bought so far, but it was accurate and went bang nicely.  I was using an ArmaLite 1/9 16".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
+1

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
+1.  

I bought several crates of it.   Great Ammo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Although I'm no fan of the SS109 projectile, you have quality manufactured ammo that is more than adequate for squirreling away!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
are you refering to the (front line ammo) he is selling? Packed on stripper clips?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, There have been more and more complaints about ammoman lately. Also, he's been removed as a site sponsor.

He ripped off a board member on an SKS. When confronted, Eric refused to return it.

I'm not going to get into all the details.... it's all over the board. Bottom Line: Caveat Emptor
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought some several weeks ago. It shoot great and is pretty accurate.
JR
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Im down to 1 bandolier of ammomans LC M855

I hope ERIC can keep it in stock FOREVER!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I got some also. Mine hase the lot # marked out with a black marker on the cardboards.  Are yours that way?  Also some of mine dont have any sealent on the primers.  Dont take this wrong, Im just wondering if yours is like that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep black marker on mine too. I wonder why?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#12]
So the FBI/CIA/ATF wont TRACK IT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Same here.  I also thought the ammo cans would be stenciled to identify the contents.  Shoots OK.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes the front line ammo!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]
No marker on my cardboards, Cans have no marks as well- I only looked on one bandolier though all the other stuff I already have packed away with dessicandants. The ammo I see 4 boxes worth is SWEET AS HELL though!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
It is awesome ammo, and looks and shoots excellent for me, and here is my opinion on why things are marked out and painted over.

This is due do the Klinton no surplus ammo thing.  LC maybe sold this M855 packed as the real thing to several buyers, but it was never sold to the military or marked as such, so it's uber legal.  I think it's military plant contractor surplus, not the banned military surplus.  I could be way off but it sounds good to me so far.  Oh yeah, another crate is scheduled to arrive this Thursday!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
FWIW, There have been more and more complaints about ammoman lately. Also, he's been removed as a site sponsor.

He ripped off a board member on an SKS. When confronted, Eric refused to return it.

I'm not going to get into all the details.... it's all over the board. Bottom Line: Caveat Emptor

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'd guess it would be the lot number for the military.  They did the same thing with the frangible ammo.

Since it's being sold to slimey civilians, it shouldn't have any trace of military acceptance on it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a can of the frangible stuff and it had all the markings intact.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Lake City AAP is a Government-owned facility.  ATK, the operating contractor for the Army running Lake City, cannot make "surplus" ammo; ATK cannot make commercial ammo there.  ATK only makes ammo for which the Government sends funds.  The Government does not pay for rejected ammunition.  What we, the public, get are the QC and lot acceptance test failures, i.e., rejects from ATK through their subsidiary, Federal.  By selling the rejects to us, ATK can recoup most of its loss.

If anyone says they are selling you "Grade 1" M193 or M855, I would seriously question where it came from.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Lake City AAP is a Government-owned facility.  ATK, the operating contractor for the Army running Lake City, cannot make "surplus" ammo; ATK cannot make commercial ammo there.  ATK only makes ammo for which the Government sends funds.  The Government does not pay for rejected ammunition.  What we, the public, get are the QC and lot acceptance test failures, i.e., rejects from ATK through their subsidiary, Federal.  By selling the rejects to us, ATK can recoup most of its loss.

If anyone says they are selling you "Grade 1" M193 or M855, I would seriously question where it came from.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner.  Thanks for the sensible reply.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

This definitely makes sense, but why bother to load it on stripper clips, pack it in bandoliers and then ammo cans?  Did they get that far in the process before realizing it needed to be rejected?  Perhaps.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*snip*

Not the first time Ammoman called an apple an orange.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
*snip*

Not the first time Ammoman called an apple an orange.

Mirage is seling what look like the same thing
http://www.miragetechnologies.net/
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This definitely makes sense, but why bother to load it on stripper clips, pack it in bandoliers and then ammo cans?  Did they get that far in the process before realizing it needed to be rejected?  Perhaps.  

for some reason I dont think we will ever know.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top