Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 7:32:37 PM EDT
Looking over some XM193 and XM80 tonight and the brass apears quite beat up.  Headstamps read '05 and '03.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
NO
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm. The stuff I have seems to show extraction marks and signs that it was once fired brass.  Interesting
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmmmm. The stuff I have seems to show extraction marks and signs that it was once fired brass.  Interesting

Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Much of the XM80 has been DE LINKED.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I just added another 2,000 rounds of M855 to my reserves and was very disapointed with the quality. Matter of fact this batch is going back. 50% of the brass was dented enough that I wouldn't shoot it. I paid for first line ammo and really got some junk. It's all 2005 LC headstamp.
Here's a example of the really bad ones. I"s Laughable.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks like that was picked up off of the side of the road.

I'm not sure what the proper terminology for it is, but surveyed would be the common Marine Corps jargon for something like that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
That'll tumble right out!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
If you think that XM is remanufactured, pull a bullet, dump the powder, and look inside of the brass case.  If the brass is once fired, it will have residue from the first firing still inside. If no residue is visible, and the case is shiney inside, it has not been previously fired.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just added another 2,000 rounds of M855 to my reserves and was very disapointed with the quality. Matter of fact this batch is going back. 50% of the brass was dented enough that I wouldn't shoot it. I paid for first line ammo and really got some junk. It's all 2005 LC headstamp.

i2.tinypic.com/t06x76.jpg

Is this PD ammo?

Who did you buy it from?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
That is some beat up ammo!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you think that XM is remanufactured, pull a bullet, dump the powder, and look inside of the brass case.  If the brass is once fired, it will have residue from the first firing still inside. If no residue is visible, and the case is shiney inside, it has not been previously fired.

I didn't realize that there were two Vaportrails

Looks like you picked the name first so I should probably change mine!

Calvin
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this PD ammo?

Who did you buy it from?

The owner of my local gun shop called me and said he had a lead on some ss109 M855 first line (No X or PD said it was bulk packed and it wasn't cheap, .24 a round (He's a super honest guy). It was marked NATO M855 - 5.56. I inspected all the rounds and found just too many ugly ones. Some looked really good. Just go's to show you that you have to look at it before you buy it..... It's going back.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like it was tumbled without the media.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And people bitch about Guat? Holy smokes, looks like it was hammered together by blind monkeys drinking shooters.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top