Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:47:27 AM EDT
not really about ammo, but ammo related. where do you guys find desicaint(sp?) to store your ammo? have checked several places and found it was hard to find anybody that even knew what i was talking about, none of them carried in stock. do i need to go to a specilty store? any ideas or help?

thanks Tim
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
not really about ammo, but ammo related. where do you guys find desicaint(sp?) to store your ammo? have checked several places and found it was hard to find anybody that even knew what i was talking about, none of them carried in stock. do i need to go to a specilty store? any ideas or help?

thanks Tim

Try shoe stores. The shoes come with the little packets and I'm sure the stores throw those things out by the hundreds. I tagged along with the wife one day. Hit three shoe stores and walked away with about 500 of the little packets thanks to the employees/managers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
desicaint(sp?)

thanks Tim

Desiccant
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
        thanks Tim

You just missed a whole thread on this:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=275627&page=1&#-1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot some M193 I've had in an ammo can since 89. No descicant, rounds a bit tarnished but otherwise fine. I could not tell the difference between some made in 04 and those. I have some I have descicant in and some without it, I don't care much anymore. I just make sure the ammo is the same temp as the air so moisture does not condensate on the brass before I can it. That means a few days in 50% or so humidity and same room. I run the dehumidifier if it is higher.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top