Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
I searched for a review of this ammo but did not find one.  Anyone use this in a Bushy M4gery?

http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm
223 WOLF FMJ - M193
55 GRAIN COPPER
WOLF PERFORMANCE, SERBIA
BRASS CASED - BOXER PRIMED
NON CORROSIVE
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Be very carefuel when asking this question... some may fell that you are walking into a field full of these...

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Be very carefuel when asking this question... some may fell that you are walking into a field full of these...www.sensatech.com/common/images/landmine3.jpg

thanks,
Ron

I have no idea what you're referring to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Minefield....you're walking into a minefield....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
ive shot 600 rounds so far out of my colt and so far no problems
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I searched for a review of this ammo but did not find one.  Anyone use this in a Bushy M4gery?

223 WOLF FMJ - M193
55 GRAIN COPPER
WOLF PERFORMANCE, SERBIA
NON CORROSIVE

Sorry that I forgot to give you the info on the Wolf M193

I have shot this stuff out of 6 different AR's and couldn't get it to "jam" in any weapon. I used M4 profile, govt profile, pencil 16" and 20" barrels, heavy barrels and everyone of them fired it without a problem. Hope this helps you some!!

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why is asking a question a minefield.  I've never used this ammo and want to hear from someone who has.  If this has been talked about before then just say so, I don't get here very often.  Just thought there were some people here that know more about ammo than I do and don't mind sharing that info.

Thanks po57 for an honest answer, not some mindless riddle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

223 WOLF FMJ - M193
55 GRAIN COPPER
WOLF PERFORMANCE, SERBIA
NON CORROSIVE

Sorry that I forgot to give you the info on the Wolf M193

I have shot this stuff out of 6 different AR's and couldn't get it to "jam" in any weapon. I used M4 profile, govt profile, pencil 16" and 20" barrels, heavy barrels and everyone of them fired it without a problem. Hope this helps you some!!

thanks,
Ron

Thanks.  Just the kind of info I'm looking for before I buy any.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
i see ammoman has the stuff on sale for $199 for 1k free shipping
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks.  Just the kind of info I'm looking for before I buy any.

Just check out the other two reviews before you buy it..... just to make sure. Some of the "reviews" had to be edited by the moderators because they were straying because of points of view on the reliability of the ammo.

Some people had great results and others... not so great. Maybe start with 100-200 rounds and try it in YOUR weapon first. My weapons all fired fine and I trust the ammo. I trusted it enough to purchase 2K rounds. I didn't try and make my weapons FTF or use dirty weapons to try and create a "jam", just used my normally cleaned weapons and had good results.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is asking a question a minefield.  I've never used this ammo and want to hear from someone who has.  If this has been talked about before then just say so, I don't get here very often.  Just thought there were some people here that know more about ammo than I do and don't mind sharing that info.

Thanks po57 for an honest answer, not some mindless riddle.

It is not the ammo,  but the seller,  that caused the mine field comment.
Some people love him and some hate him, so any thread with  his company in it can cause a ruckus.

The ammo has had some good reviews here.  See the links above and you can decide for yourself.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The general consensus is that it works well in carbines and shorties, but not so well in rifle-length barrels.  Also presumes starting status of your weapon is that it's properly cleaned and lubed.  Results of course may vary.  Check out the earlier linked threads for all the gory details but I believe what I just posted pretty much captures it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Out of my AR`S

I have GREAT RESULTS! very accurate, and Very CLEAN.

I lost count after 24mags of it!

I like it and will buy more when it comes time!

However there are a FEW guys that had trouble in there 20 inchers
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#14]
This has never been covered.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top