Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:55:32 PM EDT
I've haven't seen any referances to this loading. I bought some a few years ago from cole distributing. It shoots good for me. Any one familar with this ammo?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes its good ammo.

I think the supply dried up.

Its probably being bought up for our military. (they have bought this ammo in the past during shortfalls and emergencies seeing as Isreal is idealy located for delivery)

If Im not mistaken, I think it is the only foreign made ammo that is true M855 spec.

My IMI M855 is ugly, dented and has an unusual bullet crimp, but shoots great, cycles reliably/ is very hot loaded

Calvin
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot many thousands of rounds of the stuff, no problems at all. Hard to find now, due to the war.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got 5  1,200 rd cases of it. 2001 production, in my SHTF stash, shoots great !

Longhunter
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've haven't seen any referances to this loading. I bought some a few years ago from cole distributing. It shoots good for me. Any one familar with this ammo?

Take it your "vision-fu" is weak and ya have not yet taken the time to read this: www.ammo-oracle.com

Q. What is the best M855 to get?

The name most often tossed around as the best M855 is IMI.  Israeli Military Industries are the same people who make Q3131A and their M855 is apparently just as reliable.  Additionally, you can find it newly manufactured.  Lake City and Winchester both produce M855, but it is almost never available anymore, and certainly not as new-production.  The only exception is that Winchester makes M855 available to police departments.  Occasionally, small quantities of this gets traded back to ammo dealers, and become available for civilian sales.

The ammo gods have worked long and hard to try and provide good information around for those interested and provided one can take a hint, as the thread is TACKED afterall and clearly marked: Must read before posting.......

Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Take it your "vision-fu" is weak and ya have not yet taken the time to read this: www.ammo-oracle.com

The ammo gods have worked long and hard to try and provide good information around for those interested and provided one can take a hint, as the thread is TACKED afterall and clearly marked: Must read before posting.......

Mike

I read the oracle already and still i want more info. So there
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've haven't seen any referances to this loading.

Quoted:

Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It's produced by 1 of the top 3 ammo producers in the world....being Hirtenberger, IMI, and Winchester.  Quality control is great, it is consistent ammo in any caliber.  Shoot with confidence by all means, that is if you have enough that you want to go out and shoot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've haven't seen any referances to this loading.

Quoted:

hr
Dam i'm Bustedh.gif
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I only have one  5 pocket Bando left of the IMI M855

I dont think its any  hotter than  LC M855?  I think its about same as far as I can tell

I bet we will never see that stuff in the future?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top