Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:31:54 PM EDT
Getting some clothes out of the dryer and a single Black Talon round falls out. Is it ok? Or should I trash it? This is my primary carry weapon and my life may be on the line, is it a good idea to put it back in the mag?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You're kidding right, your life could be on the line and you ask what to do?
is your life worth a buck?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't.  Would you give it to your mother to use as her PD?  I don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
hehehe he said black talon.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Trial by fire.

Take it to the range and shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Brilliant!~!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Now looking back at my question it does seem silly. Of coarse I don't plan on putting it back in my carry mag. It's just that Black Talons are rare and I don't have many. Thought someone has done this before and could shed some light.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Black Talons are so "Old School" There is better ammo available now!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
sell them to some sucker and buy Ranger T's
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Arn't the Ranger SXTs just blactalons relabled to not sound so ominous?  You should invest in some Hornady TAPs.  They'll put a hurting on any perp though i think getting hit with any bullet wouldn't tickle.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]
add it to the range bag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Arn't the Ranger SXTs just blactalons relabled to not sound so ominous?  You should invest in some Hornady TAPs.  They'll put a hurting on any perp though i think getting hit with any bullet wouldn't tickle.  

No the Ranger SXT is a newer bullet design and superior to the old Black Talon similar design but newer gereration with better performance through heavy clothing etc.  Hornady TAP PISTOL ammo is not superior to the Ranger line of LE pistol ammo. I say go shoot all your Black Talon at the range or sell it on Ebay and buy better ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Put the Black Talon in a weather proof container.  Make a time capsule and bury it in the back yard with a little plaque.  

Leave it in the ground for 100 years.  When they dig up the time capsule the bullet should be dried out.    
Or you could take it to the range and shoot it.    

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Too easy!!
Put it in the magazine, arm the weapon and go click, remember to look down th barrel to make sure it comes out.

PLEASE!?

are we bored or what/
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Too easy!!
Put it in the magazine, arm the weapon and go click, remember to look down th barrel to make sure it comes out.

PLEASE!?

are we bored or what/

Not funny, dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Come on     "i washed a black talon"

HERES YOUR SIGN!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Do what I like to do: take it to the range and shoot it into a couple of milk jugs. The expanded rounds a cool. Keep it on your desk.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do what I like to do: take it to the range and shoot it into a couple of milk jugs. The expanded rounds a cool. Keep it on your desk.

Best idea yet....

I had a few of them that were expanded, they are neat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now looking back at my question it does seem silly. Of coarse I don't plan on putting it back in my carry mag. It's just that Black Talons are rare and I don't have many. Thought someone has done this before and could shed some light.

Keep some for GP, sell the rest for some crazy price to someone who still thinks those are good and buy a bunch of Gold Dots, Federal LE or Winchester LE ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#19]
How the hell did it get from the mag into your pocket then into the wash?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No the Ranger SXT is a newer bullet design and superior to the old Black Talon similar design but newer gereration with better performance through heavy clothing etc.  Hornady TAP PISTOL ammo is not superior to the Ranger line of LE pistol ammo. I say go shoot all your Black Talon at the range or sell it on Ebay and buy better ammo.

good luck selling ammo on ebay, you might want to try gunbroker, doubt the add would last long onebay................
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sometimes I carry a spare mag in my pocket. I can only assume one slipped out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#22]
did it wash the black off of it?  I washed one once and it came out a green color.  It still shot fine at the range though
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
did it wash the black off of it?  I washed one once and it came out a green color.  It still shot fine at the range though

No, still black.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Black Talons are so outdated.

Shoot it and get some new carry ammo.

OH WAIT THESE ARE COP KILLER BULLETS.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So are black rhinos; remember that whole fiasco?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I bet it goes off?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wow, you've been on these forums 2 months and already over 2000 posts. Dude, you need a life.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I had some .45 gold dots that spent two weeks hiking (with one full week in the rain). Came home, and them to the range, and all of them fired. So I guess your black talon will go off. There are better rounds out there. Sell your "Pre-Ban Washed Black Talon" for a premium price to some sucker, and get some better ammo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you've been on these forums 2 months and already over 2000 posts. Dude, you need a life.

You need better carry ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need better carry ammo.

I never said I didn't have any other kinds of carry ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Man some people talk like ammo is clothing or something.   "It's So outdated" (use valley girl voice)  It's still gonna put a hole in someone or something and I'm sure it will work.  I still have some left over, i shot most of them as I didn't pay anything for them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Mayberry Tacticool.  He keeps his bullet in his shirt pocket!

(yeah yeah, way late, but somebody had to go there )
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Man some people talk like ammo is clothing or something.   "It's So outdated" (use valley girl voice)  It's still gonna put a hole in someone or something and I'm sure it will work.  I still have some left over, i shot most of them as I didn't pay anything for them.

Actually, what is meant by "outdated" is that the design has been improved. The original Black Talon expanded well and looked cool, until it came to penetrating a barrier or windshield glass. Then, it was not so good. The Ranger T has greatly improved expansion after penetrating hard barriers, therefore, the old design is "outdated." Get it?

Yes it will still put a hole in somebody, but if I went by that logic, I'd be using FMJs as a carry load, after all, they will still "put a hole in someone."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

they also fall out of Kahr mags pretty easy
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top