Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
I am a newbie , and still learning alot on ammo selction. Please educate me.
On the AIM site i can get (A223AM Adcom .223 62grn M855 Ball) for $85.00 for 500rds.That sounds like a damn good deal to me.Why is everybody taking risks on the guatamala ammo that seems to be a gamble on what you get and cost more.I am sure there is a quality differance , but what is it. I am looking for high quanity target and SHTF ammo.

What is the scoop on the WOLF ammo?I have Heard  good and bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Guat is good ammo. Fired about 200rnds of my stash last week. Fairly accurate, however the cost is high for surplus but so is everything else Guat comes out to about $170/caseh. Can't vouch on the adcom stuff , never used it. Wolf on the other hand I have used plenty of 4-5k. U will get some purist who will nock and bash wolf, but I have never had a bad experience with it. Very good and reliable plinking ammo. Hell at $120/case I will continue to use it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have just less than 1500 rounds of the AIM ADCOM and I would never recommend it for SHTF.  The bullets have not been correctly seated to the proper depth.  The too long rounds create feeding problems and hang up in the mag.  Other rounds have serious dents and some have no case annealing.  Really crap quality control.  I use it for plinking ammo.  Why do you think they surplused 1999-2004 military 5.56?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top